[Chapter Thirty-Five] Addison

Each day is a new beginning.
           You can start fresh, anticipating that today will being.
    Or you can just settle for yesterday's doubts, fears, or worries
                                  which road will you take?
                       Do you take the path to the clear present
                                  or the shadows of the past?
                                              – Eva Evangelista

Chapter Thirty-Five- Addison

Spending time with Liam was amazing but we both had lives too, and I felt guilty because I was keeping him from his. It sucked that the rest of the week I only saw him to eat and he would come over and sleep and be up the next morning.

He was helping his parents figure out plans for the house they were going to build for them and I needed to spend some time with my family. I was growing unhealthily close to Liam and I knew that. I knew I depended on him too much and I knew that I needed to learn to live without him constantly there babying me.

I took this time to get to know my family better. I spent a whole day shopping with Kalila and another day we took Faith and Kaylis out with us to get ice cream and out nails done. They got theirs painted and we got acrylic. I smiled as I watched them giggle when the ladies went to paint their toes.

They both got their nails matching in a bright pink with purple details, I knew they would just mess it up in the next day or two, but seeing how happy they were, it didn't matter. I knew I would probably pay for this later, but right now it was worth it.

I spent so much time with Kalila in two days I a lot closer to her, she felt more like a sister to me in those two days than I thought was possible. We laughed and talked about lighter subjects. We didn't talk about my family or past.

We talked about art and music and what we wanted to do in the future. I really didn't want to be a lawyer, but my plan was set. When we talked about our dream jobs Kalila said she wanted to be an artist. I think she could make it. She was taking the summer off, but majoring in art at the college nearby.

I always wanted to own my own business. That, or be a super famous musician or singer. You know, what seems to be every kids dream. In the spot light and be super famous and stuff.

Time was ticking down, I was leaving in two weeks and five days now; I was counting. Counting and dreading the moment I had to leave. I knew soon I would have to start packing and getting ready to go, I got the e-mail confirmation for my plane ticket form my mom along with a list of how the next year of my life would be planned out.

I shut it and walked down to see Auntie, I spent a lot of time with her in the kitchen, but not enough quality time with just her and I, there were some things I wanted to talk to her about and that I'm not even sure she could answer for me, but  guess it was worth a try.

I really hoped to come back and visit and keep in touch but I just don't think it's likely, and I don't even know if they're going to want to after I leave anyways.

Auntie and I headed out to get some coffee at this place I found with Kalila, Kaylis and Faith.

"So, how are you feeling?" she asked and I shrugged as we sat down

"Like crap. It's like a constant Sunday for me right now, time's always ticking away and I don't want it to. I wish I spent more time with everyone else." She smiled sadly at me

"Nothing wrong with how much time you spend with him, we understand. He's helped you so much."

"Yeah, but so has everyone else too."