[Chapter Sixteen] Liam

It's not always rainbows and butterflies
                                It's compromise that moves us along,
                   My heart is full and my door's always open
                                    You come anytime you want.

                I don't mind spending every day
                            Out on your corner in the pouring rain
                   Look for the girl with the broken smile
                                 Ask her if she wants to stay awhile
                                            And she will be loved

                            She Will Be Loved: Maroon 5

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Sixteen – Liam

I lay in the small bed with her and it didn't take too long for her to fall back asleep. She seemed terrified to sleep and I didn't blame her. I can't even imagine how bad her nightmares have been, they were bad before, but this last attack, I don't know how she's going to get over it.

She was curled up tight against my side and holding onto me while she slept, if I moved even e little bit she clutched onto me more and sometimes she would whimper.

It made me so angry to see, she was just this little thing and Jack is not a small guy, I just don't understand how he could do this to someone like her, I don't understand how he could do it at all. I knew that Ethan wouldn't have hired him if he wasn't a good guy, so I just don't understand how he slipped through, how he worked for them for so long.

This is a guy that I tossed a ball around with and spent a lot of time working and hanging out with. He was five years older and he always seemed like a great guy, how he could he have changed so easily?

I watched her sleep and she looked beautiful right now. I was so proud of her for not taking steps back, she pushed forward through the fears she had and really kept going.

She really is something. I looked down at her and I was screwed because when I look at her I never want to stop, I want to hold her all the time and I want to be with her, goodness I really want to be with her.

I don't care if she has problems, I don't care if it would take years to help her, and sex isn't something I'm looking for until I'm with my wife, so I definitely wouldn't have a problem with waiting for her. There's just something about her that is just indescribably amazing.

I kissed her forehead and closed my eyes so I could sleep too and be awake when she is in the morning.

The next morning they checked her wrist and put on a new cast, it was heeling well. They made her stay in the hospital for another week until they were more comfortable with her head injury and the blood loss and her injuries. She's been doing well and I can tell this cast was pissing her off because she can't sign.

I know that I shouldn't, but I find her cute when she's flustered and irritated. The scowl she gets and how her face turns slightly red. I wasn't going to be in denial anymore out how I felt about her, I was going to embrace it and see if maybe, one day, she can feel the same way. She was half way through her stay here and I really was hoping she would stay at the end of the summer.

I doubt she would even if she wanted to, if there was one thing I was understanding about her family, it's that they don't really give her a choice, she will be going home at the end of the summer and I'm pretty sure she'll take every step back and then some.

She had been in the hospital for two weeks and before she left they checked her wrist again and said she was healing fast, she should have it off in another couple weeks. It wasn't a terrible break to begin with, so she's lucky. Her frustrations won't last forever.

With her back at home, I think she's more comfortable, I can tell she hates hospitals, she tried to make it seem like she was okay, but it seemed t just bring up bad memories or something, I don't know because when I tried to talk to ask her about it she avoided the topic and I didn't push it, though like with everything else, I was dying to know.

When we got back home the first thing she wanted to do was take a walk, but she was scared to go off on her own. She asked me to come with her, but to stay off to the side, and so here we were walking back towards the barn area.

I personally didn't think this was a great idea, it was where she was attacked, so when her steps faltered slightly I grabbed her hand and gave it a little squeeze, I know that it was a bit risky to touch her but she just gave me a small smiled and we kept walking hand in  hand.

I'm hoping the more contact she has with all of us, the easier it will be for her and the better she'll feel. I was a bit worried about tonight, all last week I slept with her at the hospital and I don't know how she was going to handle being alone, I was tempted to ask if she wanted me to stay, but not sure how she would take it, I guess we'll just play the day out.

When we got to the field she asked me to stay and kept walking, I'm not sure what she was doing, but it seemed important to her and I was even more curious about her. Her silence was strange. It said nothing, but said everything, which really told you nothing.

I just wish she would talk. My mind drifted to when she first woke up, her voice was nothing like I expected it to be, but at the same time it fit her. It was only one word and her voice was a bit scratchy, but her voice was so soft and delicate.

I sat there and waited for her to do whatever it was she was doing, and when she finally did reappear, she had a big smile on her face and I was more and more curious, I don't know when I'll stop becoming more confused by her.

We came back to the house and she helped make dinner while I set out to go help dad on the farm, I haven't been doing it as much as I usually did, but he didn't mind and didn't push it.

"Hey Liam" he said when I got to him

"Hey dad, what do you need help with?" I asked him

"Just fixing the fences out here, there really isn't much to do today."

I shrugged and went to help him anyways.

"So how's Addison?" he asked

"She's okay, I think she's trying hard not to think about it, but she's also pushing forward."

"Be careful, Liam" he told me and I looked over at him

"About what?"

"Please, I see how you look at her."

"How do I look at her?" I asked acting like I had no clue; he turned to look at me and had a serious look on his face.

"The same way I still look at your mother" he said and I shut up right there and groaned, was it really that obvious?

"Great" I mumble and go back to fixing the fence

"Don't worry; it's obvious to everyone except Addison; which is why you need to be careful and not scare that girl away."

"I'm not trying to"

"I know, and you're doing a wonderful job of that. Just keep it up"

"I held her hand today" I smiled and he rolled his eyes playfully.

"You got it so much worse than we suspected" I shot him an un-amused look and he laughed I pushed him to the side and he nudged me back and I decided that sticking my tongue out at him was called for in this moment; which only made him laugh harder.

"Okay Kaylis." I glared at him, stupid parents.

Merry Christmas guys! i wanted to wait untili had all stories ready to update, and here it is. it's still the 25 in the U.S so, yeah. :)

I updated ALL stories as a christmas present, because that's all i can really do!