[Chapter Ten] Liam

"If you always make the right decision, the safe decision,
                           the one most people make, 
                 you will be the same as everyone else."

                                                                         ― Paul Arden 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Ten - Liam

I woke up to a nice pain in my stomach that knocked the breath out of me. I groaned and wheezed before sitting up, and I felt slightly annoyed at what I came face to face with.

"Kaylis Hope Johnston!" I glared at the five year old who currently had her knees dug into my stomach. She just tilted her head to the side and smiled innocently at me; Batting her eyelashes. Manipulative child.

I shook my head, but it was really hard to keep glaring at her. She knew exactly how to get out of trouble, just like Faith did. Those two together are a cute but deadly combination.

When I didn't break, she widened her eyes and just stared at me. My lip twitched up, and we both knew that she had won, again. She always does.

"Liam" a huge smile broke across her face when she knew she was forgiven. "Love you" she scooted closer to me and wrapper her tiny little body around me. Her hands securely clamped together on the back of my neck. She snuggled up against my chest and I wrapped my arms around her waist and hugged her to me.

She may be a pain in the ass, but words can't express how much I love my little sister.

"Liam" I hear another voice yell and when Kaylis let's go, another little body's on top of mine.

Faith.

I love her like a sister to, not quite as much as my own, but close. I look between the two, and as always I smile at how much a like they look.

"Is there a reason you're in my room?" I asked

"Addison's awake" Faith chirped up. And now everything makes more sense.

"Did mom ask you to get me up, Kaylis?" I asked

"Yep!"

"And did she tell you to jump on me?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Nope, I decided to do that because I know you'll forgive me!" she yelled and then they both ran out of my room while I sat there shocked.

I mean I know that she knows when she does something wrong or annoying, but I never actually heard her say that she does it because she can get away with it! Manipulative brat.

I jumped out of bed and hurried to put on my shoes before I stormed over to Mrs. Lalan's house. I didn't even knock, I just barged in. I made sure to take off my shoes before I stood up, and Mrs. Lalan and Addison were sitting there just staring at me.

I smiled sweetly at them "Kalila!" I yelled, trying to sound normal "I need you girl!" she came bouncing down the stairs smiling, she was so going down.

"Yes handsome"

"Well hello beautiful" she was like a sister to me, so this was just normal conversation

"What did you need?" she asked

"Kaylis told me today that she does what she wants to me because she knows I'll forgive her." I crossed my arms and her smiled faltered, she knew where I was going with this, she took a tiny step back. I placed a finger on my chin like I was thinking "I wonder who taught her that" I glared and she smiled at me