[Chapter Eight] Liam

At its best, life is completely unpredictable
                                                                - Christopher Walken
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Eight – Liam

It had been over a week since I had seen her. Every day I would go over and Lalan would just tell me it wasn't a good day and that I should come back tomorrow. I was really worried about her, and then one day I couldn't take not seeing her, and knowing she was alright.

Before long we had escalated into a fight, and I was angry that she would put her family through this, put herself through it.

 "Don't you dare Addison." I told her, she had no right to act like this towards Lalan, and I was beyond furious with it.

Lalan gasped at what Addie wrote and I pretty much lost it.

"You selfish spoiled brat. They are nothing like your parents! But maybe they should be if you're this much of a bitch and a drama queen all the time, no wonder your parents don't care about you!" I yelled at her, and the second it left my mouth I instantly regretted it.

"Liam! How dare you say that?" Lalan yelled and I flinched at her tone.

I felt horrible for saying it, because while she was acting childish, it didn't mean I had to say all that. Anyone can tell she went through something traumatic that she refuses to tell us about, and for me to just say that it's all her fault and that it's why her parents didn't care was so low of me.

I wanted to take it all back, because none of it was true. Underneath everything, you could tell she was a beautiful person and so innocent. She's trying to keep it all to herself so she doesn't burden people. She's not weak or a bitch and I am a horrible person.

My heart broke more when she grabbed a pen to write a new message

"You're right. Now get out"

"Addison, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean it" I took a step forward and she just glared at me and pointed at the door, I didn't blame her, but I stepped closer "Addie, please. I'm sorry. I didn't mean it honestly."

I knew I was too close but I wanted her to know that I was sorry.

She took a step forward and slapped me across the face. Lalan gasped at it while I just took it. I deserved that and worse. And I'm sure I will get worse when my mother gets ahold me, and Lalan.

I touched my cheek as she wrote, "Get out. RIGHT NOW!"  I didn't have a right to be here so I nodded and walked out the door.

I don't know what came over me, I wasn't raised like this, and my mother would be ashamed of what I just did, I knew I was ashamed with myself.

Any progress I made with her was now gone. She was starting to trust me, she went with me to the field and pond, and I just broke all of that. She's not going to want me near her now.

And If I wanted to help her I needed to build that all back and it was going to take a long time. I hope I had time to do it.

I sat down on the couch and waited for Lalan, I knew I was going to get yelled at or smack or both.

She came down a few minutes later and I knew she was angry.

"What the hell is wrong with you, boy?" she asked and started pacing and I hung my head. I was sitting on the edge of the couch with my knees spread apart and my hands closed together. I didn't know what to say so I didn't say anything. Second mistake I made today.