Chapter 7

I arrived at the hospital. I quickly got inside and walked over to the counter.

"Good evening sir, can I help you with something?" The woman behind the counter asked.

"Yes, I'm looking for Nagito Komaeda. Where can I find him?" I said. She looked at her computer and scroll through some names.

"Ah yes, mister Komaeda is in room 217. It's on the second floor." The woman said. I thanked her and made my way upstairs to room 217.

When I got to room 217 I saw a nurse was just entering while pushing a tray with food on it.

"Excuse me? Is this Komaeda's room?" I asked.

"Ah yes, are you Hajime Hinata?" She asked. I nodded. "I am the nurse you talked to on the phone. You can come inside."

As she said that she pushed the tray inside and I followed her.

I entered the room and looked around to spot Komaeda.

"Hinata-kun?" I heard from behind me. I turned around and saw Komaeda sitting in his hospital bed.

"Hey Komaeda!" I said as I walked over to his bed. I grabbed a chair that was standing against the wall and sat down next to his bed. Komaeda was just smiling the entire time at me.

"How are you feeling?" I asked.

"Okay I guess. I didn't appear to have any major injuries according to the doctors, so that's good." He answered.

I sighed and lay back in my chair.

"Are you alright Hinata-kun?" He asked with concern in his voice.

"Yes, I'm just really relieved is all. When you got hit by that car and got taken to the hospital, I was so afraid something major had happened to you. The nurse had called me earlier to tell me that you were okay, but to hear it from you like that makes all my worries go away." I said. Komaeda started blushing like crazy. I laughed, he looked kind of cute...

"Anyway Komaeda, what were you doing there? I mean, the place where you got hit by that car. Why were you there?" I asked.

"Oh, that's... uhm... Y-you h-had forgotten something a-at school so I came after you to g-give it back to you..." He stuttered. Of course I knew that was a lie.

"Komaeda, I can tell that you're not telling the truth. Please just tell me what really happened."

He took a deep breath. "Okay... I was following you to your house..."

"What, why?" I asked. He started twisting a string of his hair around his finger.

"Because I was so disappointed that I couldn't go to your place after school that I went after you. I didn't want to but it just... happened." He said, looking down.

I was a bit shocked to hear that he was following me but... it was understandable.

"I'm sorry. I'm sure you feel disgusted by me now. If you want to leave I completely understand." Komaeda said. He looked up at me, I saw he was really embarrassed. I shook my head.

"No, it's okay Komaeda. I guess I can sort of understand." I said. He was really relieved to hear that.

"Hinata? It's time to go." I heard the nurse say. I stood up and walked to the door.

"Goodbye Komaeda, I'll come visit you again tomorrow, 'kay?" I said. He nodded and smiled. With that, I left the room and went back home.

Komaeda's POV:

"Ill visit you tomorrow, 'kay?"

And with those words, he left the room.

I sighed and dropped myself on my back. Why does Hinata-kun have to be so perfect... He's so nice and kind and I still don't understand how someone as wonderful as him can talk to trash like me. He was even worried about me! Even though I was the one creepily stalking him...

"He sure is a nice person." I heard the nurse say.

"Who, Hinata-kun?" I asked.

"Yes! No wonder you wanted him to come." She said. Wait... when did I-

"Uhm, I'm sorry but, what are you talking about?" I asked.

"Oh yes, I guess you were still passed out then. But just before you woke up, you kept murmuring  someone's name. It sounded an awful lot like you were saying "Hinata-kun", so I told him that I thought it'd be a good idea if he came visit you!"

My entire face turned red. "You told him??" I exclaimed. She nodded.

Oh my god... Why did she have to tell him...

I hid my face in the blankets out of embarrassment. "I think I'm going to sleep now..." I said as I crawled under the blankets.

"Hmhm! Sure! Good night!" The nurse said as she turned off the lights and left the room.

I grumbled. This was soooo embarrassing! What did Hinata think when he heard that? He must've been disgusted...

I decided not to think about it anymore and just go to sleep. I closed my eyes and fell asleep pretty soon after.

Hinata's POV:

I got to the front door of my house and tried getting to my room unnoticed, however..

"Hajime! Where were you? I was worried sick about you!" I heard my mom exclaim from behind me.

"The hospital." I said and tried getting to my room again.

"The hospital? What were you doing there?" She asked. I sighed and turned around.

"I was visiting Komaeda... He got hit by a car today and had to go to the hospital..." I explained. She said nothing.

"Look I know what you've said and I didn't forget it. But no matter what you think, Komaeda is still my friend and I care about him! You should at least let me visit him when he's in the hospital!" I exclaimed.

"No, I understand." She said. I was really relieved to hear that.

"And I've been thinking... You know that evening where you arrived late at home after you went to the park with him? I-uh... I think I might've overreacted a bit... I wanted to apologize for that. I shouldn't have forbidden you from speaking to him and everything. You've been friends for so long... I think I should trust him a bit more..." She said. My eyes widened. Did she just... apologize? Wow... I didn't expect that at all...

"It's okay mum, you just didn't want anything bad to happen to me. That's why you did it, right?" She nodded.

"So then... I can hang out with him again?" I asked. She nodded again. "Yes."

I smiled. I was so glad! Now I got to hang out with Komaeda again! I guess now I can also start explaining things... But not tomorrow though. I wouldn't want to burden him or anything.

I entered my room and just decided to go to bed early, since I was extremely tired from everything that had happened today.