Part Thirteen - The Paparazzi

A/N – read authors note at the end please :D

Just as Siva announced that Jay and Lauren had won we saw flashes coming from the bushes and then about 2 dozen middle aged men with cameras came running towards us. Nathan grabbed my hand we all started running through the park trying to get back to the bus as fast as possible.

 Tom called Big Kev and he said he’d bring the bus round to the front of the park. As we were on the far side of the park it would take us about 10 minutes to get to the main entrance. We ran as fast as we could but more paparazzi came in front of us closing us in to a big circle with flashes coming at us from all different angles. Nathan still had hold of my hand Lauren and Jay were doing the same thing.

I felt my anxiety building up inside of me. I felt the butterfly kind of feeling in my stomach slowing starting to make an entrance and then it took over me completely. It was like everything was in slow motion, I couldn’t hear anything all I could do was see people talking. I turned round to look at Nathan and he was looking at me with a scared look on his face. I felt my lip starting to quiver as the panic attack was starting. I saw Nathan shouting something and to someone he turned back round to me and pulled me into a hug and kissed my forehead. I felt his chin move on top of my head and then he let go of me and turned me round. I was confused until I saw Max’s face and he bent down a little so he was at eye level with me his lips started moving and it was if it was only me and him my hearing slowly started coming back. After a while I could hear him going

Max – just take deep breathes Ames

I did as he told me and I started feel better and I could feel my anxiety slowing going down. The feeling in my stomach starting to fade away. But as my brain was allowing me to hear things again I couldn’t just here Max I could hear all the taunts coming from the paparazzi.

Paparazzi 1 – Look like Nathan got himself a girlfriend.

Paparazi 2 – oh won’t the fans be pleased to hear that.

Paparazzi 3 – you could at least of picked a pretty girl.

As I heard the taunts the anxiety started coming back and I couldn’t breathe properly. Max looked at me and he knew there was no going back when I got to this stage. I saw his face drop and he picked up the phone and called Kev again

Max – Kev come here quickly mate, the paparazzi are surrounding us and Amy’s freaking out…. She’s having a panic attack…. Thanks see you in a bit mate.

He put his phone down and he shouted Lauren over as I felt my knees buckle and I feel to the ground. I pulled my knees up and buried my face in them. I heard Lauren’s voice coming towards me

Lauren – It’s going to be OK Amy. You’ll be fine. Take deep breathes Ames. In and out.

I tried to do what she said but I couldn’t felt the anxiety building up more. Tears dripped down my face and Lauren started stroking my hair. I heard the paparazzi shouting more taunts at me.

Paparazzi 4 – What a wimp!

Paparazzi 5 – oh look the cry baby’s crying

Paparazzi – How old are you? 5?

I couldn’t take it anymore I had to get out of here. I tried to get up but I couldn’t I felt like I couldn’t move my legs. I started freaking out even more. Then I got picked up I don’t who by but I cuddled into their chest and cried they kept saying “sshh” and stroking my hair. When I finally plucked the courage to look up and see who was carrying me I saw it was Nathan.

Nathan – It’s ok baby we’ll get you out of here soon. You’ll be fine. It’s all going to be alright.

His face was tear stained which made me cry even more. I couldn’t bear to see him hurt and to think I had done this. We get back on the bus and I just go to my bunk and put my head under the covers. After a while I hear someone walking over to my bunk and climbing into it with me and feel someone’s arm around me and I turn round and see Nathan’s face. I cuddle into him even more and he whispers

Nathan – I’m so so sorry Ames. I couldn’t help you I just stood there doing nothing. I didn’t know what to do and I was so scared. I wanted to help you I really did. It killed me seeing you there. You needed me and I wasn’t there for you. I can never forgive myself for that. I love you so much but I understand you would don’t want to be with me anymore because of how I acted but I do love you and I am really really sorry.

I saw a tear fall down his cheek and I felt one go down mine as well. I replied back to him

Me – Nathan you don’t need to be sorry. I am sorry you had to see me like that and I’m sorry I hurt you. I didn’t expect you to help me but you did help me you got Max for me and he’s what I needed. I’m sorry I broke down but the paparazzi got to me. You do deserve better. I love you too and I would never break up with you for what happened today.

He smiled a big cheesy grin and I kissed his nose. I cuddled into him and we both fell asleep. I dreamt about me and Nathan in the future, but I could never have dreamt what happened the next day.

A/N – well thank you for reading this chapter. The shoutout for this month goes to laurenjanetw. She’s awesome if you want a shoutout next chapter just comment below and I will pick the nicest comment. Thank you for 2.3k I’m freaking out!!!!!! Anyway remember to vote byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :)