08 ; neck bites

Sunlight stepped into Sage's bedroom through the curtain angled perfectly towards his bed. He was curled up on his right side, arm shoved underneath his pillow as he squinted in the morning light.

Once his eyes began to accustom themselves to his bedroom, he noticed that someone was laying beside him. Sage danced his eyes around the figure laying in his bed, who was faceless as the only thing visible was a tuff of midnight hair.

In slow moments, yesterday flooded back into Sage's memory. He sighed softly, finally understanding who the person in his bed was. Sage smirked as he felt Jacob shift in the bed beside him, tan arm lifting to the top of his pillow and revealing his face from the covers.

For a moment, Sage wanted to flick his best friend's nose, just because that was a habit of his whenever Jacob had managed to sleep in longer than he had. Now, he found himself pausing momentarily to stare at the picture in front of him.

Jacob was stretched out amongst Sage's tiny mattress, right leg hiked up slightly. His knobby knee was digging slightly into Sage's ribs, but it was a light pressure. Not enough to be uncomfortable quite yet. Jacob's dark hair was tousled in every direction, like someone had placed their hand through it and had shook it vigorously. Dark eyelashes fanned above Jacob's cheekbones, gently ghosting against the skin there.

The strange urge to reach out and touch something  struck Sage, and he had to force down the action. Jacob sniffled once more in his sleep, shell pink lips opening to reveal his bottom row of white teeth. He was snoring softly, his nostrils flaring with every inhale and exhale. It reminded Sage of Jacob's wolf whenever it got frustrated at something.

Sage's eyes focused on the lips before him. Tempting in the way that they parted, almost as if Jacob was about to say something in his sleep. As soon as the thought entered his mind, Sage recoiled in shame, hands pushing roughly at Jacob's knees in his kidney.

His harsh action seemed to startle Jacob, who slowly blinked his eyes open. Sage watched as his friend took in his surroundings, before they caught onto Sage's face. At once, Jacob let out a groan, a complaint about the time on his tongue.

"Your knee was digging into my kidney," Sage commented before Jacob could speak, trying to keep his voice low so that his mother wouldn't come knocking on the door.

"I was asleep," Jacob grumbled, rubbing his thumb into his eyes. He dropped his hand down onto the space beside Sage's spare pillow, which he was using. "How long were you up?"

"A few minutes," Sage replied, trying not to stare at Jacob's sleep rumbled appearance for longer than necessary. His best friend was unfairly attractive at this time of day, and it was bugging Sage into annoyance. "Are you going back to sleep?"

Jacob seemed to think for a few moments, before shaking his head. "Nah. I kind of want to just lay here for a few moments."

"We never get to lay down anymore," Sage commented, adjusting himself slightly so that his arm was no longer underneath the pillow. It began to prickle as it regained blood flow, making Sage grit his teeth at the strange mixture of pain and sensitive prickly skin.

"Sleep prickles?" Jacob asked, watching Sage with mirth in his eyes. He used their childish description of the feeling, causing Sage to grin bright back.

"They're the devil," Sage said, wincing as the prickles didn't seem to receding anytime soon. He could feel Jacob's stare on the side of his face, but ignored it.

"Give me," Jacob grunted finally, lifting his body from the nest of white covers on Sage's bed. His dark skin looking flatteringly out of place amongst the pale coverings as he grabbed Sage's prickly arm in his hands.