07 ; harry clearwater

"Can you hold still for just one second?"

Sage stiffened at the sound of Emily's frustrated tone, the female quickly clipping the hair that was overlapping Sage's ear. The alpha female was roughly handling Sage's shoulders, trying to work the teenager into a position that she wanted.

"You can ask nicely," Sage snapped back, feeling a headache forming from how many times he'd been moved against his will.

Emily chose to ignore him, strands of dark hair pulling at her feet. Once she moved to his bangs, Sage began to feel a stir in the pack bond. While he didn't know what the discourse was about, he could sense some tension about Quil's new addition to the pack. While everyone was happy about not having to keep quiet about the pack to Quil, the male was having trouble with his phasing.

"Finished," Emily sang, dusting off the hair from Sage's shoulder's. She gave him a tiny smile in the mirror, chin resting on his shoulder. "What do you think?"

Sage looked up at himself in the reflection of the mirror, still expecting to see his silky black hair from before. However, he was met with a spiky hairstyle of ink colored strands. Surprisingly, Sage happened to like what the hairstyle did to his face, making it look slimmer and less babyish.

"I like it," Sage said, noticing that Emily was still awaiting an answer on what he thought about his new hairstyle. "Thanks Emily."

"I think it suits you better," Emily commented, before she was adding on. "Plus, Jacob won't be able to keep his hands off you."

Stiffening, Sage turned towards the female. "How did you know about Jacob and I?"

Rolling her eyes fondly, Emily removed her chin from Sage's shoulder and replied, "Anyone with eyes can see there's something going on between you two. Even before the imprint, there was some deeper connection there. Overall, neither Sam or I were surprised when you guys turned out to be imprints-"

"Sam knows too?" Sage asked, standing up from the chair he'd been sitting in.

"Was he not supposed to?" Emily asked, mouth open as if she couldn't believe Sage would want to keep his and Jacob's imprinting a secret.

Sucking in a breath, Sage said, "How did he find out?"

"He's the alpha Sage," Emily said like it explained everything. "The other's may not be trained enough to know how a wolf looks at their imprint - mostly because they haven't met theirs yet - but Sam knows how imprints look at one another. He's looked at me like you look at Jacob for years."

"I don't look at Jacob," Sage informed, voice almost a whine. "We're just friends. Imprints don't necessarily have to mean a sexual attraction to one another. We're just more brotherly than we were before."

A brief twist in Emily's mouth implied that she wanted to say more, but she was cut off by Jacob's head bursting into the room from the doorway. Sage's best friend spared both of them a glance before saying, "It's our shift."

Nodding his head, Sage shot Emily a side-long glance before moving towards the door. He pushed Jacob away from it, stepping through the doorway himself. Both of them walking silently through the house, moving towards the outskirts where they'd be changing shifts with Embry and Paul.

"Your hair looks strange," Jacob said, scrunching up his face. He rose a hand upwards, rubbing it through Sage's inky waves. "I think I like your old hair better."

Shrugging away from Jacob's hand with a smile, Sage said, "I didn't exactly have a say in it, you know. Plus, I like it this way. It doesn't get in my eyes like it used to."