➳ Chapter 25 ➳

➳ 'It's so strange that I'm dating you.' Alessia says, fiddling about with Rafinha's shirt as she was sat opposite him on the sand. Rafinha looked at her curiously. 'Why is it strange?'

She smiles, 'because it's amazing. I just never thought that you would like-like-' She then pauses but Rafinha had the look on his face as if he already had it figured out. 'Love you? Don't be daft. What's there not to love about you?' He mentions chuckling whilst admiring her pretty face. 

She just looked at him and furrowed her eyebrows and then squinted her eyes at him. 'Well, what drew you to me?' He looks at her chuckling again, almost as if it was humorous. 'I don't know. I think it's your kind heart. The shit you put up with and how you manage to get through it, I really don't know.' 

Alessia began to blush, her cheeks going from it's natural colour to a tint of baby pink. Rafinha noticed and admired her even more. 'Rafa, I-I don't know what to say. Thank you.' She knew very well that she could never even explain how thankful she was for him.

'You know what's more special about us?' He asks, looking at the water splash against the sand endlessly. 'And what's that?' She replies, tilting her head as if she was now the one admiring him as he spoke. He looks back around at her, 'Our friendship. There's nothing greater than falling in love with your bestfriend. Give it to me here homegirl.' He mentions, placing out his hand for a high five. Slapping her hand against his, she giggles at how perfect he was, even with his words.

'Are you not tired baby?' He asks her, pulling her back close to him. She wraps herself into Rafinha's arms and sighs. 'No, not really. Although I do have to be up early Rafa.' Rafinha instantly stood up, letting go of her and she looks up at him confused as to why he stood up. 

Then, picking her up bridal style into his arms. He starts walking back along the beach. 'Nope, we're going to bed then! And no but's!' He exclaims. She smiles as she looks up that perfect, structured face of his. 'Okay, whatever you say mister.' 

The next morning came quick. Well, for Alessia it did since she had her first shoot with Michael Kors. Although, she was woken up to pillows being thrown at her by the one and only Rafinha. Rubbing her eyes, she tried to figure out what was going on.

'Rafa? What are you doing?' She asks. 'You've got a photo shoot for Michael Kors, duh! Come on baby girl, get out of bed you lazy rat!' Just as she was getting out of bed, she slipped and fell when she heard him call her a rat. That one word triggered everything. 

'oh shit' He mutters under his breath standing there when it happened. 'I'm fine!' She shouts, getting up after that little awkward moment. 'I didn't know you started calling people rats, including me.' 

'um, Neymar taught me' He replies, scratching his head awkwardly. He felt bad for not helping her get up and tried to hold back the laughter. 'Come on, you'll be late!' He exclaims.

Moments passed and half an hour later, Alessia was already at the agency, sitting on the fancy chairs in the hallway waiting to be called over. She flicked through a couple of magazines, eyeing all the outfits that the models got to wear and was looking at all the previous lines.

'Miss Russo, please come this way!' The receptionist kindly shouts, allocating Alessia the way to the photo shoot room. There, all she had to do was get ready into a couple of outfits and get her makeup done by one of the lovely makeup artists on set. As she was sat there, getting her makeup done, she looked at herself in the mirror. 

She smiled to herself as she watched herself get pampered. This really felt like a dream but it was all real and sometimes, she would need Rafinha there to pinch her. After her makeup was done, and she was looking on point, they began the shoot. 'This way please' 'Yes, that's like it' 'Can we have another pose?' and all these different styles were being asked of her. At first she felt like she didn't know how to model but eventually she was beginning to get the hang of things and thought freely. 

After a couple of hours and Alessia was just finished, a car pulled up in front of Alessia, while she stood there with her eyes glued to her phone. 'Come on, get in!' Rafinha shouts, smiling at her with his shades and baseball style cap on. She smiled when she saw him and rushed into the car, and began strapping her seat belt on. However, when she went to pull the seat belt down and around, it wouldn't work and seemed like it was stuck. Rafinha watched her struggle and then unbuckled his seat belt so he could help her. He reached out with his face so close to hers, and grabbed the seat belt. Now his face, was right next to her neck and he could smell the sweet fragrance she had on. As he moved back slowly, he looked at her and now they were face to face, with eyes just glaring into each other as if they were in a whole new dimension. 

Then they both looked down at their lips and started to lean very close. 'Rafa' she says, her breath hushed at how close they really were. 'Alessia' he replies back. 'I think you've strapped my seat belt on now.' She adds, still looking at his lips. She wanted to kiss him so bad but knew that they should get going, but Rafinha could help himself and began kissing her and she gave in too. 

After a long drive with the windows rolled down and the couple jamming to their favourite songs, they arrived in front of Leo's house. Alessia smiled when she recognised the place and they walked to the door and it flung open by Leo himself and they were greeted by him and his girlfriend Antonella. 

'Come in, it's so lovely to have you around for dinner!' Antonella smiles widely, pulling in Alessia and Rafinha as if she were so excited. Leo too smiled and was walking in with Rafinha, as they spoke about a few things that men usually spoke about. They came into the large living room where Mateo was singing and dancing along to the TV, singing 'Hello, hello' and clapped his hands. 

Hearing the sounds of footsteps approach him, he looked around and smiled and then went back to dancing. 'Sorry guys, my little man has been working very hard on getting them moves and English right' Leo mentions, chuckling at how goofy but cute Mateo really looked. Alessia awed and Rafinha giggled to himself after Leo's comment because it did rather look quite adorable. 

The afternoon felt so chilled but lovely and Leo and Antonella spoke all about the upcoming wedding and they wanted to start making a few preparations. Antonella was very excited about shopping for a wedding dress and decided that her and Alessia should go shopping which Alessia thought was great. Maybe she could get to know the soon to be wife of the best player in the world. The atmosphere was calm but with joy in the room, only laughter and giggles could be heard and it was only nothing but happy times. 

➳ The End ➳

Author's Note 

I hope you guys enjoyed this book as much as I did writing it! I look to write another fanfic on either Neymar Jr or Antoine Griezmann. Let me know who you would like to read on next!