Chapter 12

Whippet's Pov,

It was 6:15 in the morning and the sun was just peaking over the horizon bringing light to the new day ahead.

Jogging swiftly up the stairs to the tower I kicked off my thongs and picked them up. I turned the handle and walked into the tower. The typical loud chattering of the boys filling the air.

"Morning" Hoppo greeted looking towards me as I set down my bag and started up the steps to the front of the tower.

My eyes scanned the room.

"She's not here yet"

I looked towards Maxi who smirked

"I wasn-"

"Mhm" Maxi hummed sassily

The sound of the door to the tower opening sounded signalling someone had arrived for work

"Good morning" Sam chimed in her usual beautiful angelic voice

I turned around and watched as she put her bag in the locker and slipped into her black havianas

Her hair was in a loose side braid and she looked even more beautiful than the last time I had seen her (if that was even possible)

She looked up and her eyes met mine "Hey" She smiled walking over to me

"Hi" I replied giving her a warm smile

"Alright" Hoppo cleared his voice "The temperatures supposed to reach about 43 today so it's going to be a scorcher of a day. Ive called in Deano and Azza, as we will probably need some more back up since it's a Saturday and people are going to be flocking down to the beach blah blah blah. We're going to need 3 people down at Backpackers. So Jesse, Harries and Whippet that'll be you guys. Sam and Maxi, up the north end and the rest of you nutters are going to be at the flags or up here in the tower. Everyone right with that?"

We all nodded our heads

"Let's do it"

I grabbed a water bottle, my hat and sunnies before snatching up my bag from the back and heading down the stairs. Jesse was reversing the Rhino's out of the garage and Sam was helping Harries carry the flags down to the sand.

I grabbed out the boards and set them securely onto the Rhino's. Sam jumped in one of the Rhino's just as Maxi was coming down the stairs.

"Don't worry mate" Maxi said patting me on the shoulder as he walked by "I'll look after your girl for ya"

I shot him a look as he smiled his cheeky smile and jumped in next to Sam and zoomed off down the beach.

"Oi Whip" I heard Harries call, I turned around to see him beckoning me over onto the Rhino "Let's go". I nodded my head and jogged over there, jumping onto the back of the Rhino. I sat and watched as Sam and I inched further and further apart.

About an hour later the sun was high in the sky and the beach was packed. So far we had performed 30 rescues - each

Harries had just gone into the water to do another when Maxi's voice came over the walkie talkie.

His voice shook as he spoke hastily into the device

"Rhino 1 to Tower. A body has been spotted off the rocks. Sam and I are going in now"

My breath caught in my throat and I stared at the walkie talkie In hand.

"Tower to Rhino 1" Hoppo's voice boomed "Okay Max, we are sending backup now. Be careful"

"No" I barely whispered

"Ive gotta go" I yelled to Harries who was making his way back up to the Rhino. Jesse was standing by the shore watching the water as he turned his head at my sudden yell.

"What?" Harries said with a confused look forming upon his face. I didn't answer as I pushed the Rhino into drive and sped up the beach to the tower.

What the hell was Maxi thinking? Why would he take Sam in with him to get the body? She's not going to be able to handle it. Jesus Christ Maxi.

I pulled the Rhino up in front of the tower and bounded up the stairs. I flung open the door and marched into the main area.

"Woah" Deano breathed once his eyes fell on me

"What's happening?" I demanded darting my eyes to Hoppo. He had just put the phone down after calling someone important about the situation.

"We've got people coming down now. Deano and I are going down" He said in a rush, sticking on his cap.

"Im coming" I stated

"Whi-" Hoppo began

"Im coming" I repeated

Deano and Azza looked towards Hoppo.

Hoppo let out a sigh of defeat before nodding. I turned around and started out the door, Deano and Hoppo close behind.

Deano loaded the defib into the Rhino and we set off down the beach.

My heart was racing.My head spinning. Sam. I needed Sam. I needed her to be okay.

And I knew. I just knew. After this she was not going to be okay.

 Sorry for the really short chapter but i wanted to update :) Let me know what you think! 

And please don't forget to VOTE,COMMENT and ADD TO YOUR READING LIST! Xx-S