Chapter 37

Here you go! I finished my last exam for my first semester of uni today so i thought id update in order to celebrate! Its not too fabulous or exciting but its just a filler chapter while i think about where this story is to go! Enjoy! Mwah xx

They all continued to stare at me. Waiting for me to react. My eyes drifted from Hoppo, to Jesse, to Maxi, to Kerrbox. To them all.

I didn't know what to say. I didn't know how to explain what just happened. Because if I were to explain what had happened just then, I would have to explain my whole lifes events and everything leading up to today. To now.

And I couldn't do that.

I found a warm hand on my back. I turned my head to see Whip.

His eyes were soft, "Come on, Sam...lets go home"

I nodded my head and without looking at the boys, I turned and walked out of the tower with Whip close behind.

Complete silence filtered around us for a while after we got back from Bondi. Whippet put on a pot of tea as I sat on the coach. He came and seating himself next to me. Talking my hand in his.

"Im not going to push you. Im not going to make you explain anything or talk about what happened today. I wont make you relive it. But I just want you to know that I am here. And that I am always going to be here, no matter what"

He gave my hand 3 small squeezes and didn't leave my side.

~~~

I woke up in Whips arms. My head was resting on a pillow in his lap and a blanket had been placed on top of me. I glanced at the TV which was turned down to a low volume, the Sea Eagles were warming up in their locker room getting ready for tonight's game in central Sydney.

I rolled my head, looking up at Whippet. He looked down at me and smiled, "hey"

"Hi" I smiled, a little sleepily

I looked over at the clock seeing that it was only quarter to 5. The game started in just under 45 minutes.

I sat up "Do you want to bake?"

Whippet looked over at me, "Bake?" He questioned with a small smile playing on his lips

"Yeah!" I chirped "Like brownies and cupcakes and stuff... or maybe a pie?"

He let out a little laugh "Sure"

I jumped off the couch, the blanket falling to the floor "Come on then" I said, putting out my hand "We need to get the shops and back before the game starts!"

Whip glanced at the TV for a moment and then was instantly at his feet. We laughed as we rushed around the apartment, putting our shoes on as we fell out of the door.

We made it down to the small local grocery store down the street in record time, wasting no time as we made our way to the baking aisle.

'What do you want to make?" Whippet asked, slightly out of breath, still holding my hand

"Ummm" I scanned the shelves that were full of baking possibilities

"I want to make caramel tarts... and cookies..." I started, grabbing flours and sugar and chocolate chips from the shelves and piling it into the basket "And ooo! Double chocolate brownies!"

Whippet laughed next to me "Anything else?"

I pursed my lips, thinking hard "Nope! That's it!"

"Okay, lets go grab the other things we need and get out of here"

I nodded my head and followed him around the rest of the store.

25 minutes later and we were back in the apartment. Whip popped open two beers as I started putting everything into the pantry and fridge. Just as I was reaching to put the oil on the top shelf there was a knock on the door. I glanced over my shoulder and gave Whippet a quizzical look. He began to shrug his shoulders before a look of realization appeared on his face

"Oh crap.."

"What?" I asked

"Before we left for Vienna...I asked the boys to come over to watch the game the night we came back..you know... as a"welcome home" kind of thing.."

"Ohh.. Okay!" I said, grabbing the cocoa off the bench

"You're okay with it?...You know af-"

"Yes" I laughed "Ive missed them... now let them in before Maxi breaks down that door"

Whippet jogged over to the door and yanked it opening, letting all the guys flood into the apartment

Harries held a carton of XXXX on his shoulder and a Jesse and Maxi held packets of chips and peanuts

"Hey Sam!" they all cheered. I smiled and gave a little wave

"Whatcha doing?" Maxi asked , eyeing the sugar and chocolate chips while walking into the kitchen. I pulled out two bowls and handed them to him to empty the chips into

"Im baking"

"Ooooo very nice" Maxi smiled

Deano appeared behind Maxi with a bottle of wine in his hand 'Welcome home, Sam" he said handing me the bottle and giving me a quick kiss on the cheek

I smiled "Aw, thank you"

"You're welcome!" He replied. He turned around and put Maxi's chip packets in the bin on the way back to the couch where the rest of the boys were already settling in. The game started in less then 5 minutes as it looked like the teams were getting ready to run onto the field and sing the national anthem.

I pulled out another bowl and began making the pastry for my caramel tarts.

I smiled, watching the boys cheer on their favourite players as the entered the field.

Whip turned around and gave me a wink. I smiled and laughed a little before returning my focus on my baking.

But looking up every now and then to make sure everyone was feeling at home.

Because I definitely felt at home.

And it felt nice.