Chapter 26

"You know what I realised today?"

"Hm?"

I tore my eyes from my book and looked up at Whippet.

We sat on opposite ends of the couch, our feet resting on one anothers.

"You havn't met my parents"

"No...I havn't have I"

Whip smiled, "probably should have introduced you to them before I proposed"

I pulled a face

"Probably"

He returned his focus on his laptop sitting on his lap and I returned to my book.

It was around 7pm. The sun had just disappeared behind the horizon and we had grabbed dinner on the way home from work.

15 quiet minutes passed, until Whippet's voice filled the air once more. "What about this place?"

"Hm?" I looked up at him again

He nodded towards his laptop screen. I closed my book shut and crawled across the couch so I was next to him. I looked at the screen and saw a website of  a garden not too far away from South Bondi that hold weddings and garden parties.

"It's very beautiful" I commented

"You don't like it?"

'No, no, I do! But..i don't know... I just don't think its.. 'us'.."

"Us" Whippet repeated

"Yeah... I was thinking maybe a beach wedding...at Bondi"

Whippet lifted his eyes and looked at me "Is that what you want?" He asked

I gave an exaggerated sigh "Don't do the whole 'I'm happy as long as your happy and it's what you want thing'. It's your day too"

He smiled "A beach wedding sounds perfect"

I smiled back and he leaned in to give me a kiss.

"How many people do you think then?" He asked

I shrugged "Not too many.. "

He nodded "Perhaps just the boys?"

I rested my head on his shoulder as he clicked out of the garden wedding website "Sounds perfect"

He pressed his lips to the top of my head before I crawled from his embrace back down to my end of the couch.

Picking up my book, I opened to the bookmarked page and re-emerged myself in the literary world of the 'If I Stay' series.

"Woah"

I was brought back to reality, glancing up at the clock to see how much time had passed. Half an hour.

I think turned my eyes to Whip who's eyes were scanning his laptop screen.

"What is it?" I asked

His eyes rose up to meet my own. "We are starting filming for the new season"

"Woah"

I had totally forgotton that the lifeguards of Bondi Rescue actually featured in a television series that was pretty damn popular DownUnder. Whoops

"That's so cool! When?"

"Tomorrow" Whip replied

"Really!? That's exciting. But its such late notice"

"I know... Hoppo sent us out an email. He said that he got the notice a couple of weeks ago but because of everything that happened, it slipped his mind and forgot to pass it onto us"

"Fair enough"

Whip shut his laptop down and placed it on the coffee table.

"It will be interesting, that's for sure.... Are you ready to hit the hay?"

"Ahuh" I nodded, picking up my book and rug that had been covering both our feet and we retreated to the bedroom.

I jumped under the covers and placed my book and the bed side table. After shutting off the lights and ensuring the doors and windows were locked, Whip slid in beside me.

Placing his arm around me, I snuggled into his side, resting my head on his chest.

I exhaled and my eyes drifted close.

Whippet's soft voice filled the silent and still air "You know... since we are getting married... we should probably looking into buying a house or something"

Half asleep I replied "Shhhh... We can think about all that tomorrow. Too much wedding and future planning for one day"

Whippet giving  a slight chuckle which made his chest rise and fall in quick movements was the last thing I heard before I collapsed into the depths of unconscienceness that we called sleep. 

I know this is a bit of a boring chapter but i wanted to give you guys something before i head back to school tomorrow.... Its just a kind of a filler chapter really...

Now, i was thinking... i might end this story soon... What do you guys think? Do you think its nearly time to end the story of Sam and Whippet? xxx-S