Chapter 5: Suspended

Alyssa’s POV

  “Where did you disappear too last night?” Stefan asked once I got to the school, “You worried me.”

  “I’m the same age as you brother. I’m old enough to go out when I please. I’ve been on my own for over a hundred years.” I answered as I kept walking.

  “You worried Damon sick.” Stefan told me catching up to my pace and walking beside me.

  “Yeah right.” I muttered irritably, “He is still mad at me for loving Klaus.”

  “You are his little sister, even though he won’t admit it he cares deeply for you.” Stefan told me and I sighed.

   “Today is going to be a long day.” I sighed then headed inside the school with Stefan beside me. When we got to our first class I immediately starting playing with my iPhone, even when class began.

  “Mrs. Brown please turn off your phone or I’ll have to write you up.” The teacher told me and I sighed.

  “Go ahead write me up. See if I care.” I mumbled irritably. I was already irritated enough by my emotions and didn’t want any crap from some teacher who demanded respect when they didn’t give any back.

   “Mrs. Brown go to the principal’s office.” The teacher said practically giving me a death glare. I shrugged picking up my bag and phone and headed out of the classroom.

   “I’m so telling Damon.” Stefan said under his breath only low enough where I could hear him and I just shrugged in response. I didn’t want to compel the principal again and in the end I got suspended for disrespect to a teacher and electronic violation. I just shrugged once again in response.

   After the long talk with the principal I headed out of the school and toward the grill. I kind of wanted to go to Klaus’s house and spend the day with him. When I got to the grill I let out a long sigh seeing Damon’s Camaro parked outside. I let out a long sigh then headed toward the boarding house.  I went inside and headed upstairs to my room and took a shower. I changed into some grey sweats and steal one of Damon’s t-shirts that are way too big for me and go downstairs and raid Damon’s alcohol supply. I plugged my iPhone into the stereo and blasted music.

1 Hour Later

  “Alyssa?!” I heard Damon yell behind me making me jump then stumbled from being highly intoxicated, “What are doing home? And where the hell were you last night?”

  “I got suspended for being rude and using my cell phone during class,” I smiled, “and its none of your business where I was last night.”

  “You are drunk.” Damon said frowning.

  “Just noticing that?” I smirked then walked toward the bar stumbling a bit and grabbing the bottle of bourbon but Damon grabbed it out of my hand. Then turned me around for I was looking in his eyes.

  “What’s the matter with you?” Damon asked.

  “Nothing.” I lied, even though I was drunk Damon’s gaze sobered me up somewhat.

  “Come on your going to take a nap. Your self-destructive behavior is going to get you killed.” Damon told me, grabbing my wrist and dragging me upstairs.

  “Damon no.” I said struggling with his grip.

  “Alyssa Brown I will carry you upstairs if you don’t listen to me.” Damon threatened then I heard the front door open and two people walk in. I look up to see Elena and Stefan.