Chapter 17: Psychotic Mother-in-Law

A Haunting Past
Chapter 17: Psychotic Mother-in-Law

A/N: That isn't Rose Damon is holding, it is Alyssa. Rose never came in the picture :P so I thought brown hair = ALYSSA

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

       “Okay, who took my phone?!” I yelled angrily, it had been a week since Esther’s return and I had been catching Kol up on technology and they all had agreed to help me, even though I hated their mother and would love to send her back to the pits of hell or the “other side” as they like to call it.

       “Klaus, mother is back! What the bloody hell did you do?” I heard Rebekah’s voice from upstairs.
        Then I heard the words I feared most, “I’ll be home in two days, sister.”
        I burst through Rebekah’s door and grabbed my phone, tears streaming down my face, “How could you? He’ll lose his humanity for good! You’ll lose him for good! He built this…this house for his family!” I yelled and then I looked down and noticed the floor was rotting and I ran out of the Mikaelson Mansion and to the boarding house where I probably wasn’t even wanted.

        When Damon and Stefan came over a week ago, it kind of ended badly, “Well great you won’t kill Klaus.” Damon quipped.
       “Damon! Kill…him?” I said my voice breaking.
        “Alyssa, we’re doing it because he’ll kill you!” Damon yelled.
        “If I don’t find a cure, Bonnie will kill me anyways Damon! I asked her! The killing won’t stop with witches! I will kill humans, vampires! I would probably kill Elena in front of you and Stefan.” I countered, “I’ll be an abomination.”
         “The young child is right, she will kill you all.” Esther spoke up, “I have watched it happen before while my body lingered on the other side.”
         “Thank you…I think.” I told Esther with a fake smile that was when they left, “Also, for the rest of you. I have terms, each of you that betrays me that means Klaus gets back one more dagger, got it? I’m feisty when I want to be. Oh yes, here Elijah.”
          I tossed a dagger at Elijah, “Why?”
          “A sign of good faith. You stick to your word, you stuck to Elena’s and I know you’ll stick to mine.” I smiled.

          I was brought back into the present by the smell of bourbon and yelling, I sighed entering the Salvatore Boarding House.
           The fighting abruptly stopped, I saw Ric, Bonnie, Jeremy, Elena, Caroline, Stefan and Damon. Ric, Stefan and Damon were the ones who were arguing, “Don’t stop on my account, just came to talk to Bonnie and tell you guys Klaus is going to be here in two days.”
           Then the front door opened again and I turned around to see Elijah, my lips formed a thin straight line, “I’m sorry about my sisters behavior, can I have the dagger?”
           “They are magically hidden, Elijah.” I answered, “I don’t need a babysitter either.”
           “You rotted the hardwood floor, the is an army of hybrids who want to kill Klaus…”
           “Wait…slow down, an army of hybrids?” I asked irritably.
           “Yes they…”
           “Those manipulative fleabags.” I spat angrily, “I’m going to rip out their hearts or cut off their heads or torture them, whatever mood I’m in when I find them.”
            “You knew they broke the sire bond?” Elijah asked raising an eyebrow.
            I rolled my eyes, “I helped Tyler.”
            Then arms were tightly around me hugging me to death, literally, “Thank you! Thank you!”

            I patted Caroline’s back, “You’re welcome, even though Nik well hate me.”
            Caroline let go still beaming, I saw Elena and Bonnie smiling as well, “Thank you though, I got him back even though he is gone for now.”
       “Tyler is helping them, though his last request was for me to look after you and his mom.” I smiled at her.