Chapter 1: The Return

Mystic Falls, 1864

A/N: The Song is from Damon's POV when he sees Alyssa again when she returns. It is KIND OF from Alyssa's POV too....

 “Mrs. Bennett how are you today?” I asked curtsying for her.

 “You don’t have to curtsy for me Mrs. Brown, I’m just a handmaiden.” Emily told me..

 “But your more than that and you know it.” I giggled., I was a young girl only seventeen. My brown curly hair was shoulder length and big hazel eyes that changed color at times to blue. I was wearing a white dress with blue lace today and Emily was wearing a white dress also but it had an apron over it.

 “My Alyssa, I know but keep that a secret because I know yours too.” Emily winked.

 “Alyssa!” I heard Giuseppe Salvatore call.

 “Yes?” I said rushing out of the room.

 “I was just wondering where you were. I would like you to stay inside tonight, understand?” Giuseppe asked.

 “Understood. Is everything alright?”

 “I don’t know honestly.” He told me, then Damon came running in.

“Father what is going on they are chaining Mrs. Katherine up.’ Damon said frantically, “I love her.”

  That pained my heart to hear the words I love her come from Damon’s mouth. I loved him as well, I should have been his fiancé, even though I was five years younger then him, I loved him. We had been dating since I was fifteen then he went to the war and Katherine came. But the more important matters were the vampires were getting rounded up.

  “Son she is a demon from hell!” Giuseppe yelled.

  “No she’s not!” Then Damon rushed outside and I rushed after him.

  “Alyssa!” Emily yelled and I turned around to see her motioning me to come here and I did so. I ran over to her and hid, then I saw Pearl, Anna’s mother get captured.

   “Anna give me some of your blood!” I said hurriedly.

   “Mrs. Brown are you serious?” Anna gasped.

   “I’m dead serious!” I yelled.

   “Fine.” Anna whimpered watching her mom, then I heard the worst thing of all the gun shots. I looked over and saw Damon and Stefan lying dead on the ground and their father holding the gun. Then a wrist was forced over my mouth and blood seeped in.

  “Alyssa you’ll lose your powers.”

  “No I won’t.” I said determinedly, “I’m more than a witch Emily.”

  “Okay.” Emily mumbled then I saw her focusing on the church.

  “What are you doing?”

 “Saving Mrs. Katherine’s life.”

 I rolled my eyes, “Fine. I hate her but if you owe her that much I can tolerate it.”

 “Thank you.” Emily smiled.

 I then ran off into the night and headed to the house. I grabbed my books and my bag and quickly packed it. But then I was shot in the back.

I woke up in a clearing next to Damon and Stefan who were looking at me curiosly and I saw Emily.

 “Who shot me?”

 “Jonathan Gilbert.” Emily answered sadly.

“Are you two going to turn?” I asked.