Chapter 2: Love is Natural

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I ran through the woods at full vampire speed pace and let hair go all over. I cannot believe I let Damon get to me on the first day back. I somehow ended up at my real mothers grave.

  “Hey mom, I wish I met you. I wish I knew more about you, I wish you were here.” I whispered letting tears fall freely from my eyes as I fell to my knees.

  “Wishes don’t get you anywhere.” A voice behind me said and I turned around to see Stefan.

  “Maybe they’ll get me somewhere this time.” I mumbled, “I made a stupid mistake didn’t I?”

 “NO you didn’t. You let love run you it’s a natural thing even for the non-living living vampire.” Stefan smiled

  “Do you know anything about my mother?” I asked.

  “I was born a few days after you Alyssa. I don’t I’m sorry.” Stefan told me sitting down next to me.

  “Don’t be sorry it’s not your fault Stef.” I smiled.

  “Have you asked Damon?”

  “He was only five he doesn’t know much more.”  I sighed, "Have things patched up between you two?"

  “Come on don’t dwell on the past, let’s go to the grill and meet your new classmates.” Stefan smiled pointedly ignoring my question.

  “School? Seriously?” I groaned.

  “Yup now come on.” Stefan said pulling me up with him.

  “Fine .” I laughed.

At the Grill

  “Hey I’m Bonnie Bennett.” Bonnie smiled and I let her shake my hand and I could tell she got a vision, “What are you?”

  “I knew Emily.” I smiled, “She was a sweetheart.”

  “But you’re not just a vampire.” Bonnie frowned.

  “I know.” I whispered.

  “Alyssa what’s with Bonnie?” Stefan asked.

  “She knows I used to be a witch.” I smiled.

  “Oh. Did you ever get your powers back?”

  “I haven’t used them since 1864.” I answered frowning, “I don’t think I’ll ever be a witch again.”

 “I think your wrong.” Bonnie said.

 “Maybe I’ll try again.” I smiled at her, then a blonde girl stepped out of the crowd.

 “My name is Caroline.” Caroline smiled.

 “Nice to meet you I’m Alyssa.” I said smiling back.

 “What brings you too Mystic Falls?” Caroline asked.

 “My brothers.” I answered, “Stefan and Damon.”

 “Ugh I feel bad for you being brothers with Damon.” Caroline said.

 “I like you already.” I smiled, “What’d he do to you?”

 “He used me as his personal blood bag but then I became a vampire and remember.” Caroline smiled whispering the word vampire.

 “Are you too talking about me?” Damon smirked walking into the grill.