Radish and Wattpad Update: The Down Low

Just wanted to give everyone an update on what's going on with my stories as my plans have changed for what I think is for the better.

Wattpad started their Wattpad Future Program, and I was given an offer to be apart of it.

What is Wattpad Future:

Many of you have noticed on the Wattpad app, every so often an ad pops up. Basically, like youtube, I get paid every time a reader watches it.

So here's the Big Change:

I've decided not to do Premium stories on Radish, and stories I had marked as Premium I had switched to Freemium. They will now follow the once a week update setup like my other stories have in the past, and if you want to read ahead, you can on Radish.

The ads have been going on for awhile, and I think we're passed the "what the S#%& is this" stage. I got a few annoyed messages, which is understandable.

But I do ask that you watch them.

Why?

Because as I've mentioned before, 30 seconds or even a minute is very little to give when I spend 2+ hours writing/editing a chapter. Not to mention going back and re-editing, because I'm a horrible skim reader. I struggle, heaven knows I suck at focusing when it comes to reading every single word. But from my perspective, it comes across a little inconsiderate of all the effort I put into writing a chapter when I get complaints about a 60 second ad...

--Tangent Warning: But my god, wouldn't it be nice if I could write a chapter in 60 seconds? Wouldn't that be awesome? I'd have so many books done. I probably would have ran out of ideas by now... Maybe in the future some mind machine will be invented. I got way to much crap swirling around in my head, and writing it all down takes forever, and it usually comes out a jumble mess.

#WriterProblems similar to #FirstWorldProblems

Anyways, back on topic, if you want my stories to remain free, there has to be a little give and take. I'm trying to be reasonable, and I don't want to cut people off, because I hate it as much as you. (Manga addict, I know the pain of finding a good story and never getting to know how it ends.) Wattpad finally jump on board with providing a way for writers to get paid, so I just ask that you take that into account when an ad pops up.

I do get paid for you watching it. You're supporting me and my work. So if you like my stories, watch the ad, or just let it play and take a bathroom break, go get a snack, stare at the ceiling, maybe? I do sometimes.

Every once in awhile, they're good. I got a few movie trailer. Those are fun to watch.

But yeah, that's about it.

Thanks to everyone that reads/supports me on Radish. You guys/gals are awesome. I really appreciate how well the first year went. Wattpad readers, you're just as awesome. Ad skippers, you're awesome too... I guess. I'm not petty enough to demote you to semi-awesome or anything like that.

So yeah, thanks! You guys/gals are top notch.

*insert dramatic thumbs up*