Inferno: Fin and Zoran's Relationship is Toxic as F%&*

I know. I'm well aware. I did it on purpose.

Lately, I've been getting so many comments that I'm "romanticizing abuse" between Fin and Zoran from my Elemental Series. That I'm such a horrible person for promoting abusive relationships. It's just so sick and wrong that I wrote such horrible things, and how I'm making the couples seem so perfect.

Hell no.

I'm not promoting jack squat. I designed their relationship to be the most unhealthy, toxic relationship I've ever done. (I'm glad you caught onto that.) And guess what, I based it on reality. Maybe that's why you're comfortable by it or can't look away, it was designed to be a goddamn train-wreck. I applaud the small amount of people who's caught onto this without it having to be explained. 

(Side Note: I'm slightly annoyed while writing this.)

If you're upset by Fin and Zoran's relationship, good. If you find it interesting, great. If you love it, fine by me. To each other their own, I really don't care what gets your engine runnings.

But every story I write, I try to use components of reality and if you think the world is full of butterflies and rainbows, you're going to have a rude awakening very soon. Life sucks, the world sucks, and if someone's relationship seems perfect, there's a very high percentage that's just a front to hide the truth.

My inspiration was a friend that wasted two years of their life breaking up and getting back together with a total douchebag. Told them this more times than I can count, but nothing I said matter. They thankfully figure it out for themselves and married a great person. But it's not like they're the only one. I have plenty of family members who are in messed up relationships, some of which involve marriage. 

So to put it bluntly, so the idiots in the back who only know how to take things at face value get it: Fin and Zoran are horrible for each other. They treat each other like shit. They fight constantly and, let's make this clear: 

THEY DO NOT LOVE EACH OTHER.

I'll repeat this and break everyone's hearts: They DO NOT LOVE each other.

What they have is purely lust. 

Fire god+fire bird= fire sex (not something 99.99999% of the population in this world can participate in, but the .00001% are desperate to have)

If you didn't notice, never, not even once did either of them say "I love you." Because they don't. Zoran only has the mindset of keep what is useful and nothing else. Fin has always been viewed as property and very useful property. Even when Fin leaves, Zoran was watching him. The people all know that Fin belongs to Zoran, because for the god, deep down Fin is property—like a wild dog in need of taming— and he's not afraid to tell people that Fin belong to him. 

Fin, on the other hand, is desperate for someone to understand him, to want him. He was orphan, no one has ever cared about him. He's been a loner all of his life and as much as he want to belong somewhere, at the same time he hate everyone. So in comes Zoran, the one person who understands his powers and actually wants him. So as much as Fin hates him, he keeps being drawn back to the only place in this world where he feels he belongs.

They are horrible for each other, but neither of them have anyone else, so they keep coming back to each other. (That's why Fin gets so pissed when anyone turns up at the garden. He's afraid he'll be replaced and lose the one place where he "belongs")

So let's be clear, I'm not "romanticizing abuse." I'm simply showing you a relationship that everyone tends to ignore. Nothing is perfect. 

Abuse both verbal and physical is way more common than most people think. If you still think I'm just oh so horrible for depicting a realistic but toxic relationship, whatever. I don't care. I most likely going to do it again and again, because the perfect couple does not exists and if they do, they're boring as hell and I'm not in the mood to write that shit. 

Inferno is still one of the stories I'm most proud of and I'm still proud of it, abusive relationship and all.