Sixteen- Draco's Story

As soon as Rodolphus hollers the spell, the curse, Harry's mind reels with vivid flashes of Draco, lying on the bathroom floor and covered in his own blood, twitching and muttering, tears dripping down his face. He blinks his eyes to see a bolt of light hurtling towards Hermione, and he braces himself for her scream.

But Hermione doesn't scream, but she lets out a moan of pain as blood begins to seep through the front of her shirt- he'd cut her stomach. Tears dripped down her cheeks, and her teeth were grinding together in an effort to keep her screams inside.

Rodolphus smirks. "I reckon you won't be needing this Full-Body Bind on you... you won't be going anywhere." He removes the spell and turns away from her, facing Harry with a cruel grin. "Now your turn. But, I'll let you watch your best friend die, if you'd like."

Harry's eyes flick to Hermione, who was behind him, to see that she'd rolled over, and had crawled over to the nearest object- a chunk of Voldemort's stature that had been built on top of his grave.  Her fingers grasp the rough stone, and as Rodolphus mutters something to Harry, she chucks it, hitting him in the back of the head.

He crumples to the ground, and Harry feels the spell being lifted from him. He nearly topples over at the sudden return of his control, and he takes a moment to regain his balance before hurrying to Hermione.

"I'm good," she says before he can fully approach her. "get the wands from Rodolphus. They're in his coat pocket."

He does as she says and turns Rodolphus over, searching in his pockets and pulling out two wands- Harry's and Hermione's. He jogs back over to her, handing Hermione her wand and watching as she mumbles words that Harry can't make out. The gash that had formed in her stomach closes up, leaving a faint pink line where it had been.

"Hermione." Harry says, his tone bewildered. "How did you know those spells? I couldn't heal Draco when I used them on him, but Snape knew the spells to heal the wounds. How did you?"

She shrugs. "Before you used Sectumsempra on Draco, I did a little snooping in your book to see exactly what types of things you were reading about. As Ron would say, my light reading is never light, and so I ended up reading the whole thing. You missed the counterspells- they were written on the side in really terrible penmanship. If I read correctly, I need to use the spell once every hour for three hours, and then it will be full healed."

Harry sits back onto his heels, trying to digest the situation. Everything had happened so quickly. He watches in silence as she heals the cut on her arm, and does the same for him. He feels relief as the cuts on his arm vanish, and she settles back onto her elbows. "Well, we'd better get out of here, huh?"

Harry holds out his hand. "Wait. Wait. Don't you feel like that was too easy? Like we didn't have to fight that much?"

Hermione stares at him. "Got off easy? Harry he cut my stomach, stabbed me in the arm and tried to leave me to bleed out on the ground, and then he collected two blood samples from you. How is that easy?"

"I... I don't know I just feel like there wasn't that much of a struggle."

"We were in a Full Body Bind and were propped up against two graves- we couldn't exactly fight. And then he was stupid enough to remove my spell, and I hit him with a rock. And then your spell came off." She shrugs, and climbs unsteadily to her feet. harry moves to help her, but she bats his hand away as if it was a gnat. "I healed the cut- I'm fine, it'll just be sore for a few hours. Get Rodolphus for me please, we have to take him to the Ministry so they can ship him off to Azkaban."

Harry nods, hauling a limp Rodolphus up to his feet and dragging him over to Hermione, who had her arm extended towards them. "We're going to apparate. Are you ready?"