Fifteen- Life for Life

Harry, Hermione and Rodolphus landed in a area that was cloaked with black and gray colors. The sky above was stormy and dark, as if rain was moments away, and the ground was covered in dark gray stones, showing no trace of the dirt below. Two graves were stuck in the ground, and Rodolphus grins wickedly at the sight of them.

"This place has a wonderful air to it, don't you think?" He waves another spell at them, ensuring that they can't run away, and releases their arms, leaning them up against the headstones. There was names carved into the stones- names that had long since crumbled up too much for the eye to see clearly.

"Lots of rain here." Rodolphus says casually, starting to kick away at the grass until there was a small circle of freshly earthen dirt. He pulls a vial from his pocket. "I mean, it used to be a cemetery, so it makes since that the weather here was always gloomy I suppose."

He strides over to Harry, placing the vial up to his lips. "Spit in this please."

Harry attempts to speak, and Rodolphus rolls his eyes.

"Here let me help you." He takes the spell of of Harry's head only, allowing him to blink and begin to speak. However, his arms were still locked to his sides, his legs clamped together.

"I said, I'm not giving you my spit." Harry says shortly. "That's bloody gross."

Rodolphus shrugs. "True. But the spell calls for a DNA sample of the killer. I didn't want to make the worse but if you don't want spit in the vial..." he takes out a knife and slits a clean cut into Harry's forearm, collecting the blood in the vial. Harry grimaces as his blood begins to drip onto the ground after the vial is removed, his eyes glaring daggers at the back of Rodolphus's head.

"Do me a favor, Miss Granger." Rodolphus says, and he removes part of the spell on her as well, allowing her to speak. "There is DNA in blood, correct?"

Hermione rolls her eyes. "How stupid are you? DNA is found in white blood cells, but not red blood cells, because the red blood cells lose their nuclei as they mature, and DNA is located in the nuclei. It's basic science."

Rodolphus grunts. "Yes well that's all muggle stuff, ain't it? I haven't got any use learning muggle science."

"Yes, of course." Hermione says, sarcasm lacing her voice heavily. "Why learn any muggle information when you can just as easily bumble through life like a moron. How stupid of me to forgot your logic."

Rodolphus glares at her, before frowning at the vial. "Is this red blood cells or white blood cells? It must be red, because that's what color it is, right?" He glances at Hermione. "Right?"

"You know, you aren't exactly scary when you sound as stupid as you do right now." She responds coolly, and he throws the vial onto the ground, and it smashes into pieces, Harry's blood splattering into the dirt and leaving dark black stains in the dust.

He pulls his wand roughly from his pocket. "Accio Reviving the Dead!"

A thick book flies into his hand, and the words he had said, Reviving the Dead, were written in gold along the spine. He flicks through the pages, and Harry can't help but notice that they looked old and battered. Harry glances at Hermione, and a crease had formed between her brows.

"Yes, yes... right here... a DNA sample of the killer is required." Rodolphus read aloud, and there was strain in his voice like no other. "A sacrafice must be made, as it is switching a life for a life." He points a shaking finger at Hermione. "That's you. And the DNA... I needed the headstones of the dead person, which I have. I just need a good DNA sample."

Hermione's frown has grown. "Rodolphus, are you trying to bring back the dead?" Before he can answer, she rushes on. "Because all possibilities of bringing the dead back have been disproved- it isn't possible whatsoever. The world needs a balance, therefor magic can't solve everything. Magic can't bring anyone true love, just a temporary faux love impression. It can't bring back the dead either. I've read that book myself- it was disproved a year after it was written, in 1984."