Chapter 24

Hey guys! Please read A/N at the end, Enjoy babes! xo <3 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 24

Sidney’s POV

--------

Ever realised how love can be dangerous yet alluring at the same time?

Have you ever been in a situation where the loneliness gets to you head that you start hearing voices?

But mostly, has there ever been a time that you’ve been hurt by someone else and believe what they say?

Sighing, I keep my eyes closed for a few more seconds before I had to wake up and face the world. Stretching my legs and arms a sudden jolt of pain arose in them, it was then all the memories came flooding back.

Slowly, I opened my eyes adjusting the room around me with awe that I was in pain but still alive.

Alive.

I was alive, and I wasn’t sure why because the bullet was supposed to pierce my lungs sending me straight to the land of the dead but it didn’t.

It didn’t because Daniel saved me.

Why he saved me I had no idea, it was a haze which I chose to ignore at the moment. With a pounding headache I sat up to see that I was wearing a clear pair of clothes with bandages around my wounds. My hair was damp, and my skin felt clean which only meant one thing.

Some bathed me, I groaned in embarrassment because whoever did, and I sure knew who it was but ignored the nagging voice at the back of my head; saw the scars all over my broken body. I must’ve repelled them – they must pity me.

I shook my head angrily at the fact that people where pitying me; I didn’t need anyone’s pity. Never did and never will, I could manage just fine on my own.

With minimal movements I managed to remove myself from the bed and towards the bathroom where I had to assess my reflection, I had to – no needed to see what had become of me.

Gazing back at the mirror, the reflection showed nothing of the girl that was happy. It resembled the same features at the mother who was abused; it held fear in the eyes and a broken soul.  

Gradually I brought my hand up to my face and flinched as I touched the surface of my skin; though it looked soft I could see through the cracks that had been inflicted by my...

I couldn’t get myself to say it, that monster suited him better than any relation to me. A sudden thought came to my mind: Christopher.

I carefully walked out of the bath trying not to pull any of my bandages out of place only to bump into a rock hard chest, stumbling backwards at once I clamped my eyes shut and my nervous system started to shake in fear and unpleasant memories can back from a few days back. A stab of pain hit places that were sore, each side ached and it was once again like my body was on fire - from pain making me hiss in pain.