Chapter 9

Enjoy :3

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 9

Sidney's POV

She walked away from me with her head held high, the smirk that danced on her lips was very soon going to be gone. Oh well, at least we are giving her some time to taste the victory she’ll never be able to gain.

I quickly jogged upstairs, closed the door and put a chair behind it so no one could barge in. Running towards the bed I got the laptop out from under the bed and save the recording four times, then I sent one to Luke and I also sent one to Sophie just in case anything happened to my one at least there will be more than two copies. After successfully saving it, I replayed it and finally I had evidence against her.

I sighed, what had the world come to though? Everyone relied on evidence, nobody trust no one what happened to the times where everyone was a part of a loving community.

I scowled myself for thinking, this will never in a million years happen because people are corrupted with greed and are eager for money, and it’s all they ever think about.

My hands were numb all on a sudden, the room that I was in was small with no connections to a heating which meant that there was damp letting the cool air in.

Finally giving up on the sitting in the cold idly thinking i made my way downstairs, I wouldn’t have gone downstairs if I knew what was going to happen next. 

On my way down I tripped on the third last step and fell, my eyes clamped shut waiting for my body to hit the floor but a hand gripped my wrist holding me. Opening my eyes, I was met with Nate’s, my eyes widened as he was wearing a smirk.

“You don’t have to fall for me,” he whispered, his voice sent tingles down my spine and I shivered at his touch. My hand withdrew from his, his eyes flashed an emotion of that hurt but it went and came like the rain, “you’re lucky that Dan has taken Amy on an early romantic trip otherwise he would’ve killed you,” Nate enlightened me.

I gasped as I processed the information, “Oh God,” I whispered to myself she’s going to lock him up or even killed him. I felt sick, that woman was crazy who know what she’ll do to Daniel. Nate saw my panicked mode and smirked even more, he probably thought I was jealous but I was far from that emotion.

“Come, quick!” I managed to breathe out to him as I ran up the stairs straight into the bathroom in my room. I threw up, closing my eyes I sighed what the hell was wrong with me now Nate was by my side in no time he held my hair back as I puked several times.  

His eyes held concern but this time it stayed, when I finally managed to stop I rinsed my mouth and washed my face while Nate stayed by my side calculating my every move.

 Slowly moving, I felt dizziness come over me and I reached out to grab Nate instantly who held onto me.

He helped me onto my bed, grabbing the laptop I motioned for him to sit next to me and he looked hesitant, “Please,” I choked out, his eyes softened and he took a seat next to me on the hard bed.

Opening up the video, I loaded it and handed him the laptop, “Look,” I told him and his eyes averted from my gaze as he looked towards the video on the screen. His eyes widened, his body posture stiffened and he held a look of betrayal on his face.

“You were telling the truth all along,” he said, more to himself than to me. I let out a deep breath and closed my eyes as I leaned against the head of the bed.