THIRTY THREE ➳ DISCOVERING

While Jackson sprinted across the field to his ex girlfriend's limp body, Rowan was silently crying over her, just trying to contain her emotions. Kate killed my brother, who's a werewolf. My idiotic, stupid brother is an idiotic, stupid thing that beckons to the idiotic, stupid moon. She furiously wiped at her dripping mascara before weeping more. Peter killed my parents because Kate killed my brother. He also tried to kill Lydia, one of the few people I have left in this idiotic, stupid world. Rowan gripped Lydia's cold hand, wishing that her body heat would return to her best friend shortly. Why is everyone around me getting killed?

"I won't let you die," she whispered, brushing back the loose strands of strawberry blonde curls dried to Lydia's forehead. Her hair was clumped with blood and her chest moved up and down slowly, almost too slowly. Rowan's heart dropped every time she thought Lydia took her last breath, only to watch her chest slowly rise.

Jackson dropped to his knees instantly when he arrived. He grabbed Lydia's shoulders trying to wake her up, looking to Rowan for help, but she shook her head. With that, he groaned in frustration before letting one suppressed tear fall. 

"D-Did the werwolf do this? Did you see?" he asked quickly. "Is she gonna die? Do you know?" Jackson's incessant questions gave Rowan a headache as she told him of her little knowledge on the situation. Everything was so hard to grasp. How did everyone else know about the supernatural before she did? She grew up in a family of hunters for God's sake, yet Scott, Stiles, and now Jackson seemed to know before she did.

My brother is dead. He's a werewolf. Grayson was killed by Kate Argent.

My parents are dead. They're hunters who kill werewolves. They were killed by Peter Hale, another werewolf.

"You're gonna have to carry her to school and get the police and call an ambulance. We don't have much time," Rowan said, heart racing at the speed of sound. Her crying finally subsided, and all that was left was this feeling of determination to figure everything out.

The grass itched at her legs as the two of them intently stared at Lydia Martin, waiting for the moment she would just sit up and ask what the hell happened. She would sassily flip her hair and order one of them to get her some makeup to fix her smudged lip gloss. Then, they would all laugh in relief.

But instead, Lydia continued to lie there, idly and quietly. The only sounds engulfing the three were Rowan's small sniffles and the steady sound of the insects in the darkness.

Jackson shook his head in protest to Rowan's words. "I can drive her to the hospital in my Porsche. We'll get there quicker and—"

"No," Rowan blurted with her voice unbelievably hoarse.

Jackson gawked at her. "Are you stupid, Bauer? She'll die here," the boy spat, hands swinging around in frustration to express his dislike for Rowan.

"You're giving me the keys to your car, and I'm going to end this werewolf situation," the brunette stated, not even listening to herself as she spoke.

She felt stupid saying her idea out loud, but what else could she do? Stiles was off with Peter, just trying to find Derek. Scott and Allison were no where to be found. Lydia was walking unsteadily on the line between life or death. Rowan felt she had to do something. It was like an obligation.

"Hm, yeah, okay. I'll let you go fight a bunch of supernatural beings," Jackson said sarcastically. "You can't do anything! You're a girl who has nothing else to offer but her body and beauty. Face it, Bauer. You're no help at all in this situation," Jackson shouted, birds flying away from the trees in the distance due to his screaming.