Chapter 22

Drew’s POV

Before I had even gotten the words out of my mouth, Kadence had twisted his body around so fast that I had to catch his arm before he fell completely off the couch.

“WHAT!” He screamed making me wince. I opened my mouth to tell him that it didn’t go well at all but instead felt my body being shaken back and forth.

“Kadence.” I put my hands on his shoulders, stopping him. “Chill out. It’s not what you-“

“FINALLY! DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG I’VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS?! Years…YEARS!” I rolled my eyes, years? Really? More like a week if that.

“Ok weirdo.” I laughed at him and he shrugged his shoulders still with the goofy grin on his face. “Like I said, I told him I loved him-“

A squeal cut me off and I sent him a warning look. Jesus, it’s like talking to a kid, isn’t it? “Anyways, so I told him and he told me he loved me to-shut up!” I slammed my hand over Kadence’s mouth when he opened it to say something and I hurriedly continued, “He also said he didn’t want to be with me, said I can’t love him but I do and I don’t want to be with anyone but him. Now tell me why he doesn’t want to be with me!” My voice started to rise and I could hear the desperation in it as I glanced at my closed door to make sure I wasn’t heard. When the door stayed shut I turned back to Kadence to see his eyes wide. “Well?”

He pointed at my hand and I removed it, blushing. “He said he doesn’t want to be with you?! But why?!”

“I don’t know! That’s why I’m asking you!” I sighed as Kadence put on his ‘thinking ‘ face. If I wasn’t in such a mood then I would have laughed at the strained look.

“Maybe he’s straight? He did take me to that strip club earlier…” Kadence trailed off, giving me a look and I guess he could tell that I was getting a little jealous and he let out a snort. “Don’t worry; he didn’t have time to see anything. I got us out of their pretty quickly.” He shivered in disgust before giving me a serious look and he placed his hands on my cheeks. “Never under any circumstance, squeeze a girls boob when you think she is a guy. They don’t like that at all!” He shook his head to emphasis his point.

Even though I did want to know exactly what had happened, I decided that it would be better for me if I didn’t ask about it and changed the subject instead, “Maybe he doesn’t love me like he said he does.”

“Psh! Even I know that’s not the reason. He looks at you like Jace looks at me, like Johnny looks at Chris and I might regret saying this because of the nightmares I’m sure to have but he looks at you the way my dad looks at my mom.” He pretended to gag. “Ewww, parent love. Just wrong! They should keep that thing in the bedroom, you know?!”

“No, I don’t know.” I mumbled automatically, still distracted on trying to come up with a reason on why Seth doesn’t want me. I’m cute. I can be fun sometimes. And I know it’s annoying to be woke up in the middle of the night from my nightmares but we’d be sleeping together every night and I never have them when he’s cuddled up to me. So that can’t be the reason. Maybe it’s the cuddling, am I to clingy? I could stop that, so that can’t be it, I don’t think. Maybe I’m just not his type. Man, I don’t even know his type! The whole time we’ve been together, I’ve never even seen him with another guy; he might like someone that looks like Jace or Johnny, not someone that’s way too skinny and shorter than most guys. Damn, I hope that’s not it…I can’t really change this about myself…

I glanced up at Kadence to see him staring at me, his eyes started to feel with tears and I raised mine. “What’s the matter?” I cautiously said, my eyes looking around the room as I tried to figure out what had caused this sudden change in him.