Chapter 18

I held in the groan as my mom’s small arms wrapped around my waist, pulling me against her and she squealed happily. “Kadence! My little tiny baby! Mommy missed you so much!” Ugh! Damn! Someone really needs to inform the crazy woman in the room that I’m not her little boy anymore and am in fact a man! Yep, a manly man that parties, gets drunk on random nights, hell I could even star in my own porno if I wanted! Can a little kid do all that?! I don’t think so!

“Mom.” Her little arms seemed to tighten more as soon as she heard my voice. I struggled slightly, trying to release the death grip but got nowhere. Jeez. How is she so strong?!

“MOM!” I said in an even louder voice. “People need to breathe to live, you know.” I grunted.

I sighed in relief as I felt her arms loosen and finally drop back to her sides. “Sorry baby.” She giggled and I watched her turn in a slow circle, looking around the room. “Oh, this is nice! No wonder you never come home to visit.”

I groaned at her mumbled comment. “Seriously? I’ve only been here for a few days!” I took this time to turn an evil glare on Jace. I am going to kill him. Slowly and painfully. Torture, yep, I’ll do that.

I spotted him trying to hide behind Johnny with his head tilted to the floor. Awe! He looked like a scared little puppy! Good. “Jace, baby. Could I talk to you in our room for a minute?” He eyes widened at my too sweet voice and he scooted slightly backwards.

“Um, I think I hear my mom calling me.” He mumbled.

Already knowing what was about to happen, I quickly took a step backwards, blocking him from the only exit out. “Jace. Room. Now.” I demanded, pointing a finger in the direction of the door.

“Somebody’s in trouble.” Chris sang in a very off key voice before snickering and giving Jace a ‘helpful’ push towards our room.

Jace growled and swatted Chris’s hand away. He looked back and snorted. “I’m not scared.” He said, confidently as he straightened up and walked away. I shook my head and followed, being sure to slam the door hard behind us.

“You have about three seconds to explain yourself!” I yelled out, crossing my arms. “One, Two, Three. Oh Gee, ran out of time.” I picked one of the pillows up off of the bed and raised it above my shoulder.

“Kadence, if you throw that-“ He ended in a yelp as the pillow came crashing down on his head. I raised it back up once again, aiming for another spot.

“My mother? Really?!” I yelled and used all my strength to bring the pillow down, landing a good hit on his raised arms. “I thought we were going to have a romantic day.” I hit him in the leg. “I thought we would go somewhere special.” Another hit to the side. “I thought we were going to have some sexy time in a cheap motel!” My arms started to get tired and I finally just threw the pillow at his face, smiling when he heaved out a breath. He threw the pillow behind him and opened his mouth before closing it and grabbing the rest of the pillows off the bed and throwing them to land next to the other. He then grabbed the blankets and tossed them over his shoulder.

I raised an eyebrow when he unplugged the alarm clock and set it in the closet, closing the sliding door shut. He looked around and nodded his head. “Ok. I think I’m safe.”

I rolled my eyes. As if I would have thrown the clock at him. I’m not that mean! I mean why would I willingly mess up the sexy face that I stare at every day. That would just be nuts!

We stared at each other silently, my arms still crossed over my chest. I could hear talking and laughing going on in the other room but ignored it. I will not be the first one to look away! Not uh, Jace is in trouble and I’m not going to be weak this time and forgive him for at least two weeks. Yep that’s right. Two weeks should be a sufficient punishment. I won’t talk to him. I won’t touch him. I won’t follow him into the bathroom and try to sneak into the shower while he’s taking one.