Chapter 10

Please read the note at the bottom!

Drew POV

"Are you still having the dreams?"

I stared at the woman sitting across from me as she wrote on her yellow note pad. She didn't bother to look at me or even take a small glimpse as she fired question after question, expecting me to answer truthfully. I felt more like I was in an interview instead of the scheduled weekly shrink visit.

"Dreams. Memories, whatever." I sighed and leaned my head against the back of the overstuffed chair I was lounging on. Why was I even here? Oh right, to try and fix my screwed up life. As if it's that easy. I’m not one of those people that can just come and tell a complete stranger all of these personal things about myself. I just can’t do that, but Seth believes this will help me with the nightmares, the memories of a past that I wish I could forget. He just doesn’t understand that the only thing that actually helps is being with him.

On the nights that I become brave enough to crawl into his bed and cuddle up next to him are the only nights that I don’t wake up in a sweat and on the verge of tears. I actually think Seth does know this and is why he never sends me back to my own bed on those late nights.

“Do you want to tell me a little about your past?” I mentally groaned at the blonde woman. What a stupid question.

“No.” I replied with one simple word.

“You do know that it is my job to listen to everything that you have to say, right? And who knows, maybe I might even be good at this and give you some advice to help you sleep at night.” She smiled a fake smile at me but I could clearly see the irritation behind it. I don’t know who this woman is trying to fool with that false happiness she is trying to force onto me, it’s obvious she wants to be here just as much as I do.

“How about we pretend I told you all of my horrible secrets and then you informed me of this awesome new technique that will instantly cure me.” I paused, now having her full attention and I gave her a small smile. “Oh look, you truly are a genius. I feel like a new person already! Well, thanks for the help ma’am.” I stood up from my seat, giving her a little wave as I made my way to the door.

“Drew.” She called from behind me, using a voice that didn’t seem too impressed with my escape plan.

I groaned out loud this time and turned around, walking back to the seat that she was currently pointing at. “Thank you Seth.” I mumbled out as I slung myself back into the chair.

“Who is Seth?”

“My pimp daddy.” I laughed to myself when her eyes widened right before narrowing and giving me a look of frustration as she scribbled more notes.

“It’s not very nice to lie.”

“Yeah and it’s not nice to beat your kids even if they’re not your real ones.” I whispered out as I looked around the room, not wanting to meet her bright green eyes. I didn’t even mean to say that it just slipped out. Maybe I do need more help then what only Seth could give me…

“Are you referring to one of your foster parents?” She asked me in a calming voice.

I sighed, giving her a look. “One of them and all of them.” I answered her vaguely.

“How many have you had?”

“Eight.” I ran a hand through my hair, trying to block out the unwanted memories that were close to taking over my mind. “I need to get out of here.”