Chapter 7

I groaned and opened my eyes. “Make it go away.” I mumbled into my pillow and shoved Jace with one hand.  The sound of something breaking, once again, sounded throughout the dorm room and I cringed. I don’t care what is being broke or who is doing it; all I want is to go back to dreamland where the world consisted of talking cookies!

“Ugh, Jace, I said make it stop.” I shoved him for the second time, this time causing Jace to pick his head up and look around, confused.

His eyes landed on me and he groaned, taking one hand and running it from my chest all the way down to my special spot. “Give me five minutes and then maybe.” He patted me ‘there’ and turned back over, instantly falling asleep.

Wow. That’s not what I wanted at all but if he’s going to give it to me in five minutes then who am I to complain. I could go for another round of ‘Master Kadence, Sex Slave Jace’. This time I might even be more demanding and-

“What is that noise?!” Jace yelled out, interrupting my naughty thoughts.

“That’s what I was trying to-“

“Go tell them to shut the hell up.” Jace grabbed my arm and gave it a little shove, which had me tumbling out of the bed and landing on the floor with a thump. 

“JACE!” I yelled angrily and stared at him while he opened his eyes in my direction.

“Why are you one the floor?” He mumbled, sleepily.

I scoffed and decided to just ignore his stupidity.  I probably deserved it after my epic picture taking ability. Chris shouldn’t of texted that first message asking what I was doing. If he didn’t want to know then he shouldn’t have asked.

Laughing from the memory, I pick myself up off the floor and grab some clothes out of my unpacked suitcase. Once I'm done making myself sexy, I make my way to the sitting part of our dorm. As soon as I walked into the shared living area or our dorm room, my eyes land on Drew, who is sitting on the floor with a hammer in one hand and what I'm sure used to be a…vase?...laying in pieces in front of him.

“Uh...what are you doing?” I cautiously ask him, taking one step closer.

Drew looks up, startled before a blush forms on his face and he looks back to the pile of broken mess. “I’m sorry.” His voice was low and I had to strain to hear what he said.

Something in the way he looked, alerted me to the fact that he’s hurting. “Don’t be sorry. Are you ok?”

I walked the rest of the way over, sitting down on the floor next to him. I gently put my hand on his arm and gave him a smile. “You can talk to me, you know.”

Drew closed his eyes, briefly, taking a breath before looking at me. “I can’t.” He whispered his eyes filled with unshed tears.

I nodded at him in understanding and put my arm around his shoulders. “It’s going to be ok.” I assured him.

Drew shook his head and laughed a sad laugh, “It’s not but I’ll deal with it, like always.” He smiled slightly and laid his head on my chest. “Thanks.”

I smiled and pulled him tighter against me. “No problem.”

We stayed like that for a few minutes before Drew pulled out of my arms and gave me an evil smile. I cocked my head to the side, “What?” I asked warily.

“I didn’t think you would be the demanding one.” He stated, his evil smile growing into an even eviler grin.

My eyes scrunched up as I tried to figure out what he was talking about. Demanding? When have I ever been demanding to him?! I only even met him yesterday…Oh…right…