late night games

I'm our neighborhood, we have this game. It's called, Night and seek. Whenever it gets dark on weekends, our parents meet to have a bonfire at Miss. Jones house, and the kids play hide and seek in the dark. The rule is, we have to stay in front of the houses on Bluebird Blvd. 

The seeker has a flashlight, and we have to hide. No one can move from their spot. The winner gets some kind of candy from my mother's sweets jar.

Today, I was hiding with my best friend, Lori. "Can you see the light Jill?" She ask from the shrub next to me.

"No, not yet. Now be quiet!" I whisper back. I hear a rustle behind us, and spot the flashlight. It hasn't pointed to us yet, but it looks peculiar.

Then I spot the face of the person with the flashlight. It isnt Johnny. I grab Lori's hand, and motion to be quiet.

He turns around, and spots Chloe. "Dang!" She says, exasperated. Then realization sets in. Chloe screams, and he grabs her. Lori and I both jump out, and he spins around.

I yell for everyone as I run into him, trying to make him let go. He barely reacts, but let's her go, and runs.

The other kids father around, yelling out,"What happened?!" And "are you guys ok?!?"

We sit down, and talk for a little bit. Johnny and Marie go home, they are both scared. We keep playing, cautiously.

Somebody calls out, yelling for us to come there. Lori and I reluctantly get out from under a lawn chair and run over to Melissa.

"What is it Mel?" We ask in unison. She is trembling, and pointing to the woods.

"C- Chloe... She won't come over here and something seems wrong." She stutters.

A few other kids come from their spots, and one of the seekers shines a flashlight at her.

Chloe is standing there, peeking from the side of an old rundown house.

"Come on Chloe. We are taking a break." I yell. She doesn't react. Doesn't blink. Doesn't move.

I notice her eyes seem glossy. "Come on Chloe." Melissa yells. Again, Chloe stands still. Then, in the blink of an eye, she dissapears.

Someone runs over to Miss. Jones house and I hear them talking to the parents. I am paralyzed with fear.

I turn around, to walk back to the other kids, when I hear a giant thump. Chloes lifeless body clunks off the rundown houses roof.