chapter 13

"Zoey?" His voice was so soft, like honey.

"Yes?" I asked, not opening my eyes.

"Whoever gets to the swing first, wins!" He half-shouted before I felt his body move from next to me.

"Not fair," I yelled before getting up as well. I was too late. He reached the swing before I even had a chance to catch up.

"Oops, looks like you have to sit on the ground." His laugh was contagious and I found myself laughing along.

"Nope, I'd rather sit on your lap." I ran over to him and jumped on his lap, the swing rocked underneath the extra weight.

I nearly fell down on the ground, not getting a good grip on his lap. He caught me, wrapping his strong arms around my waist.

"Hmm, okay. Buuuuut," his voice got higher, doubling a note, "not without paying a price."

I wondered what that price would be. Nothing too scary crossed my mind and the playful grin on his lips foretold nothing too bad. I looked down into his beautiful eyes. He shifted ever so slightly, rocking the swing back and forth.

"What would that be?" I asked with caution.

"Think about it," was all he answered.

I grinned at him and leaned down, placing my lips softly on his. Before he could do anything else, I lifted my head again, smiling sheepishly.

"I liked that, I just thought of something else," he admitted. His grin widened evilly. I wasn't quick enough to escape, his hands already found their way to my stomach and tickled my sensitive skin. Within seconds, I was a laughing and squirming mess.

"Stop," I whined, not catching enough breath. Either he didn't hear me or he ignored my entreaty on purpose. "Stop," I managed to say again between laughs and poor attempts to fully breathe again.

He still didn't stop. His soft laugh filled the air, like music on a hot summer day. I was where I belonged – in his arms. I was happy.

But I hated to be tickled. My escape plan was poor but I had to try. I squirmed, intending to untangle my legs around his body so I could get off the swing. I managed to free my legs but his clever hands were still on my stomach, tickling it underneath my shirt now. I had another fit of laughter and it made me lose my balance.

I tumbled backwards. The last thing I saw were his arms reaching out to catch me. But they were too slow. I fell and barely felt my head hit the ground, a soothing blackness creeping over me.

"Zoey? Oh my God, Zoey? Can you hear me?" The voice talking to me now wasn't his soft voice. It was deep and sounded husky. I could barely make out a faint accent.

I groaned. My head didn't hurt. Well, I didn't fall off the swing – this time at least. "Zoey?" The voice sounded worried, trying to get my attention.

"Hmm?" I opened my eyes and stared directly into a pair of green ones.

I took a deep breath and focused on my surroundings. I was in my bathroom, on the floor, right in front of the door.

Harry knelt down in front of me, his hands were placed on my face. His eyes were troubled but a look of relief flashed over him.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to scare you," he told me, looking away.

I frowned. Scare me?

"What happened?" I asked, feeling slightly spacy.

"You don't remember? You were out for, like, 30 seconds, not any longer," he replied, not really answering my question.