chapter 8

"I didn't know about any of this," Harry told me after a few minutes of silence.

"The group date?" I asked, already guessing the answer.

"Yes. Niall told me the boys and I would watch an action movie. I figured out he was lying the second Adrian and Phoebe walked in our direction," he told me.

"Well, I knew about the group date but it was more of a blind date for me since I didn't know who would come along," I replied.

The silence returned but it grew awkward.

"Let's turn on the radio," I suggested, reaching for the button to turn it on. I haven't even finished my sentence when Harry's right hand left the wheel and he reached for the radio too.

And again, our hands touched. I flinched, pulling mine away. Harry pretended not to notice and turned the radio on.

I coughed, getting his attention. Noticing my wide eyes, he looked kind of confuse.

"What is it?" he asked, sounding concerned.

"Your hands... they're ice-cold," I whispered.

He looked even more confused. "No, they're not. What are you talking about?"

I sighed on the inside. He didn't know what I was hinting at. "Your skin is pale white and ice cold," I insisted.

Harry's eyes flickered down to his hands which were warm and obviously tanned.

"Uhm..." He was at a loss of words.

I started laughing. "I think this is one of the best known quotes out of the whole movie, yet you don't know it."

"Which movie?"

"Duuuh... Twilight?" I asked. Now it was my time to be confused.

"What is it with you and watching weird movies? I think I should turn around, drag you back into the cinema and make you watch a good movie," he told me, being amused. "But," he continued, "first we're gonna have dinner."
I thought back to Phoebe and the others sitting in the cinema, probably wondering why we left and -

I groaned. Harry's eyes flickered to me, looking slightly confused again.

"I forgot the donuts," I said, sounding like an 8-year-old that's just been told she couldn't go to the zoo.

Harry laughed outright. I glared at him. "That's not funny. They were delicious and I basically spent a fortune on them."
"I'm sorry but you sound sincerely sad about it," he said, quickly holding his hands up in surrender.

"I am! It's food we're talking about," I answered him, pouting a bit.

"Yeah, and it's food we're going to have in a bit," he smiled, not taking his eyes off the road.

I turned around in my seat, glancing at Harry, taking in his appearance. He was wearing a dark blue skinny jeans and what seemed to look like a normal white t-shirt underneath his black coat. His brown hair wasn't trimmed short which I actually preferred. It was curly at the sides but shoved back on the top, making it look less curly. My hands itched, wanting to run through his hair. I shook my head. What the hell was I thinking?

The most captivating part about him were his green eyes. They seemed to look right into your soul and as if they could answer all the questions of life. Whenever he laughed, they seemed to sparkle brilliantly.

The longer I stared at him, the more I thought he became hotter with every passing second. I gulped, darting my eyes away. I probably looked like a freak, scanning him from head to toe. I just couldn't help it.