SQUAD

CHAPTER 3

" Oh Shxt No " , I heard Ariana say as I watched her pants leg get caught on the raggedy bumper of her Honda. Me, Devyn, & Cin laughed at her. We were in the student parking lot of the school, about to walk in. Cin was the last one of our " clique. " She was very humble & goofy as fuck! " Bring ya ass on! " Devyn yelled at Ariana. " Bitch you don't rush me, you see this raggedy as car then ripped my school pants up, fuck it, let's go! " Ariana's face scrunched up as she caught up with us. " Its the weekend friends, Ahhhhhh! ", Cin said. Cin was dark skinned with long black hair. She played basketball & the bitch was BUILT! Ok ? " Right! I think we should go to this game at Dandy High " Devyn said. I looked at her and grinned. I knew what she was up to. We read each other so well. " Bitch Dandy play against Riverside & you want see ol' boy play!!! " I pointed my finger in her face. Cin's eyes got huge, " lemme find out! " Devyn had been conversating with a boy who attended Riverside and played ball named Chase. Devyn blushed, " Y'all stop.. Y'all stop " she tried to hide her face but her cheeks still showed & they were red like fire. Ariana said, " Yeah we can go.. Who car we taking ?" " NOT IT!...... NOT IT!!!! " Devyn & I yelled as we walked in the school. We hated driving so Ariana was always stuck taking us in her car everywhere. Cin looked upset. " What's wrong Cin ? " I asked her. " Sorry friends, I have a game.. I can't come." " Its okae friend " we all said it at the same time which made all of us laugh. The bell had rang to go to class so we all went our seperate ways. I was midway in class when my phone vibrated. I looked down at the text from the unknown number, it read...

I got tired of waiting on you:)

I took a breath & gave off a grin because I knew who it was. It was Caine. As I sat in my desk, I texted back slowly thinking about what I wanted to ask him. It had been so long, I had forgotten what I wanted to ask him. So I sent..

I'm sorry for making you wait but I forgot now, so nevermind, lol.

Caine : Yeah Yeah whatever, anyway.. That's true you fuck around with Trey ?

Me : lmao wtf ? How you know !?

Caine : I know everything lol la' free ass.

Me : Whatever I'm not free lol you being childish & shxt

Caine : All your niggas childish & shxt!

I laughed out loud at the text forgetting I was in class. That statement was so true. I had been talking to a boy from Riverside named Trey and he was not on my level but I talked to him when I was bored. He was cute as fuck too though. Caine had knew about Kendal too. Me & Caine proceeded to text and joke around. He had established that him and Ariana was done for good. I didn't care to ask why, because I didn't want to hear it. I was just wondering why she hadn't told us yet.

Me : Your raggedy ass gone be at the game ? Or nah ?

Caine : My ass ain't raggedy, & Yes.

I looked at the text but didn't text back. As I put my phone in my clutch I caught a chill...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was 4th hour & almost time for me to go home. Since I finally had free time I took my phone out of my clutch, my friends had been blowing our group text up as usual & I saw I had multiple text from Kendal...

Kendal : So it's fuck me now eh ?

Kendal : I miss you Blayke.

Kendal : I need to see you tonight after my game.

I loved him, & he knew I'd always come through for me. I lowered my eyes to my phone & texted back...

Yeah ? I'll come through.

At that moment the bell rang & I dismissed myself....