The Past

Alaska's POV: {2 years before outbreak}

I sighed loudly, removed my glasses and set my laptop on the living room table. I ran my hands through my hair and sat back on the sofa. I heard the front door open and close and someone shout up to me, 

"Alaska? I'm Home!" 

I put my glasses back on and grab my laptop,

"I'm upstairs!"

I shout back down to her. Charlotte walks in through the living room door and sits next to me. She rests her head on my shoulder and looks at my laptop screen. I stop what I'm doing and look at her.

"Do you mind?" I ask, in a cocky tone. She sits up and grabs the tv remote and the PS3 controller. Without looking up from my laptop screen, she says to me.

"Nope!"

She groans and puts the controller down. 

"Unless you want dad to yell at us both, you'll go do your room AND your homework! I'm doing mine!" 

She sighs and walks upstairs. i carry on typing for a while before I hear a scream come from her bedroom. I throw my laptop on the floor and sprint up the stairs. The screams fill my ears. I force her room door open and what I see horrifies and confuses me.

A biter is over Char's body, ripping her guts out of her body. I scream and shove the biter away from her body. I grab Chars pen and stab the biter in the head.

It drops down to the floor and I run to Char's side. Her face is pale and blood fills her body and clothes.

--- 

I wake up, in Tom's arms and screamed. Tom woke up and cradles me in his arms until I fall back to sleep.