Meeting Z.

Alaska's POV:

"Where were you before I met you A?"

I sigh and rollover to face the mystery voice,

"Me and my sister fell out and I left. I was being that over protective sister and I decided to leave. What about you Z?"

She sighed and looked at me.

"I...I don't like to talk about it... I had been on my own for days and then you found me."

I nod and stand up.

"You get some rest, I'll take watch."

She nods and stands up next to me.

"Oh, when we went back to your house, I found this."

She pulls a Katana out of her quiver with a blue case. Down the case it has 'West' written down the side. I feel tears start to well up in my eyes,

"Z, it's my momma's old Katana. She used to teach me how to use it. I thought Father sold it! Thank you!"

I put it on my back and pick up my blue arrows.

Z fell asleep and I hid up a tree and kept watch. Using my Katana when I could. I think back, to the day I left. To Tom and how he made me realize. To Chris who told me to get down from that roof. Then to Martyn. The guy my sister has loved for years. She deserves him.

Soon it's morning and Z was still sleeping. I made a makeshift coffee and woke her up.

"Z, Crap Caffeine is ready!"

She laughs and sits up, rubbing her back.

"Z, I've been thinking."

She looks up from her drink and somehow, she knows what I am going to say.

"A, I know you want to find her and we can try but it said go west. We don't know when that was put up and if she is still alive."

I sigh and nod. I ask if we can try and in the end she agrees. She says that tomorrow we can try.

The next day we leave and head west. Z is keeping an eye out for survivors while I am killing the biters. I use my Katana when ever I can as it's the only bit of home I have left.

At around noon, we stop as we are both tired. We have our 'coffee' and something to eat. Again we start walking.

"Z, Can I ask, why do you hide your face?"

Since we met, Z has had a bandana around her mouth and nose and has her hood up.

"So the bandits think I'm one of them. I've got a spare bandana if you want it?"

I nod and put the blue scarf on. I pull up my hood and carry on walking.

"A! Look!"

I look in the direction she's pointing and see a group of survivors. We walk up to then and see if I know any. Sadly it's not my sister and the others but it was close. They share their food and we go out separate ways.

There is another day if walking before we find a old abandoned house. I turn to see if anyone is near but when I turn, I see a biter, nearly about to take a bite out of me. I quickly grabbed my katana and sliced its head in half. when the corpse fell to the floor, i saw more walking behind it. i knew, somehow, that there were people in the house so i sheathed my Katana and walked up to the house and banged on the door.

A ginger male that i recognise opens the door and asks who i am and what i want. I tell him that i'm called A and that a horde is on its way here. I smile and say, Sarcasticly,

"Have a nice day," as i turn away and pull out my bow. I start to take fire at the on coming horde then i see a arrow with a purple tip fly past and hit the biter right in the eye. I hear a familliar voice yell,

"Guys Come on!"

I smile as i recognise that voice. I found her! I found my sister. I look at Z and nod. I see her smile under her scarf as do I. We both run towards the others and we stand ready. i have my Katana out ready to strike at the oncoming horde.

The whole group shoots, stabs or slices their way through the horde. When their was only a few left we lower our gaurd but then I hear,

"Ah Fuck Bunnies! This is kinda bad..."

The next few seconds happen in slow motion as 4 biters close in on Char but she has only one arrow. She may not get infected but she can still be eaten. I'm NOT losing my sister!

A/N

Hiya Guys, im so sorry about the wait and i know i said that i was going to take a break from these books but i have written enough of my own book and i had an idea for this book so.. HERE I AM! I'm going to be writing for a while as Lottie has fallen ill... :( Byeeee :P

Xoxo

Rosie :)P