Prolouge

Images of a raven haired boy flashed though his mind, one after the next. The boy being thrown into a cupboard, cradling his injured arm. The boy in a rundown shack in the middle of nowhere, a giant man standing in the doorway. He was standing in a robe shop, meeting another familiar looking boy, nervously hoping for friendship. He was holding his poisoned arm now, telling a redheaded girl to leave. He was running in a forest, a girl next to him, and howling coming from behind. The boy was now in graveyard, looking in horror at a corpse, tears streaming down his face. An innocent man fell through the archway, the boy's painful screams following. He was now being thrown in a near barren bedroom, tears falling from his emerald eyes, bruises littering his body.

I sat up in bed, heart racing, panting, unable to regain my breath. What the hell was that? I glanced around the room, immediately noticing the other fair haired man sitting in the chair across the room. My eyes narrowed in confusion.

"Father? What happened?" I asked breathlessly, unable to hold back the question, somehow knowing he was here about my recent dreams.

His pained eyes met my own. "Please, allow me to explain."