Chapter 29 : Tangled Love

~Yui's POV~

After I read the note, I stayed with Kaito until he finally woke up, good thing the doctors let me stay with him anytime I wanted. I just looked at him and cried every time I think how much he went through the burden for me. And I read the Kind King picture book every time I feel like it. Then a bunch of my friends visited me at the hospital and comforted me, great thing they knew it all.

Its been days, and Kaito has been showing signs of waking up, and the doctors comfirmed he will really have amnesia soon as he wakes up. I just go beside him and sometimes sleep beside him, I really miss this guy, making me worry alot. Whenever his mom goes to call, we just talk and chat until we get tired of it, unless Kaito's return.

" Hey, is Kaito doing okay? " My friend, Kimberly asked, looking at me with worried expressions,

I nodded in return, " Yeah, I'm doing okay, he's just taking too long to wake up. "

She smiled at me, " Don't worry Yui, he'll be okay as soon as he wakes up, but he'll-- "

" DON'T SAY IT!! I DON'T NEED TO HEAR IT!! " I burried my face in the blanket, " I never wanted to hear that word. "

She frowned, " Sorry, but truth hurts Yui, you'll learn from it, besides, you have time to spend with him right? "

I pulled my face away and looked at Kaito deeply, " I really miss and love him Kim, I just don't want to lose him again. "

" Yes, when you love somebody, you have to let him go. " She patted my back for comfortment, " Sorry. "

I hugged Kimberly and started to tear up, " Thanks alot, sorry I yelled at you Kim. "

After a while...

Kimberly left and I was all alone, I kept on asking the hospital if Kaito was already awake, and yet doesen't. Watching movies like The Notebook or Dear John still didn't remove my mind of Kaito, cause all those movies were sad of course! But the only thing that didn't make me worry was Romeo and Juliet, even if they die at the end, they're still together, I hope we'll be together in heaven as like what he said.

The phone rang, as I answered it, " Hello? Miss Temori, Kaito is already awake. "

" What?! Really? " a weak smile appeared at my face as I put the phone down and straightly went to the hospital,

The nurses told me Kaito was moved to another room because he's already awake, " Ma'am, he's at room 8. "

" Of course, thank you. " I headed off to Kaito's room as I saw him reading the picture book I gave,

I went near him and smiled, " Kaito? I'm coming in. "

He looked at me expressionless, " Who's Kaito? Who're you? "

" Oh, thats right, sorry. " I forgot he had amnesia already, " I'm Yui, a friend of yours. "

He smiled a little as he showed me the book, " Do you know this story Yui-san? "

" Yes, I own that book. " I grabbed it, " Want me to read it to you? "

He nodded, " I've read it lots of times, but I want to read it again. "

" Okay then. " I opened the book as I started reading. But I made up the next part,

" After the king was put onto the island, he was alone, and starving, he had no food, no shelter, or even someone to be with.

" Oh, why was I casted upon this? What did I do wrong?! " the king shouted. Then, there was a beautiful girl, and she was a mermaid, she told the king that, " I am here, don't worry. "

After that, the king felt.... relieved, like he had no care to the world, and he was happy, that he had the mermaid to be with him.

After weeks, the king had past away, the mermaid stood beside him as he said his last words, " Don't forget about me, let's see each other in heaven. " then he was gone, forever.

The mermaid cried and cried for him to return to her arms, but no answer. She loved the king even if she only had a short time with him, she loved him with all her heart.

" Oh my king, I will always remember you, and I love you. " The end.

Kaito's expression went to happly confused, " When did the mermaid come from? That wasn't in the story. "

" I know, I know, but its all true. " I smiled at him, and gave him the book,

He just smiled plainfully and chuckled, " You're great at stories Yui. "

" Thank you, you're a great listener also. " I smiled as I hugged him, " I'll miss you. "

He blushed and smiled as he hugged me back, " You must really like me do you Yui-san... "

Then I started to cry, " But you'll die remember? "

" Its okay, life is short, you'll never get away with that. " He said as he pulled over and looked at the book solemly, " This book... " he started,

I stared at him with greeved eyes, " What about he book? "

He smiled as he rubbed the book, " So.... only the mermaid loved the king? " then he started to lose vision, he was about to die,

I catched him, " But.... I loved the king. "

His eyes widened but closed once gain, " You must really love this king, but I wonder... who was the king? "

" His name was Kaito Kurosaki. " I said as I smiled and he said his last words,

He touched my chin and smiled, " I hope you'll be happy with him in heaven. " and he...... passed away.

Thats the end of our LAST chapter 29!! Sad ending, but there are specials next, don't worry, its like OVA, but in a different way. Anyway, how many of you liked the last part? 1-10 please rate. Thanks so much for this, I've finished this book, there will be a new book next time, after I finish all of these. but rhanks for the support you guys, really great. As always, thanks for everything again! BYAA~♥︎♥︎