Chapter 4 : New Pet

~Kaito's POV~

" Kaito! Kaito! " I heard my mom shouting as I went down to see what was going on,

" What's going on Mom? " I asked looking at her, she was carrying a box with holes in it,

" A box? What is in it? " I asked as I looked at the box,

" Open it. " she said as she pulls my hand towards the box,

I opened it, and guess what, I saw a puppy. I think it was a Golden Retriever, looks like he's a male, I asked my mom why did she buy a dog, to be honest, I never had a pet once, I only looked at the fish in my neighbor's pond. My mom put him out of the box and started to pet him, I sat down to look at him, I didn't bother to touch or do anything with him, I am not really fond of animals.

" What will you call him? " my mom asked me while holding my hand,

" Uhh.... I think you should name him. " I denied her offer,

" No, it is for you, and you should be the one to name him. Please? " my mom asked once again, but she had those eyes that I can't possibly deny, so I named him,

" Coby, his name will be Coby. " I said to my mom,

" Coby eh? Thats a great name! " my mom smiled and patted Coby in the head once more,

My mom stood up and went to her room, to get some documents for her job whatsoever. I just stood up and went to my room, I didn't notice, Coby was following me, and went to my room. After that, I noticed it was already 7:00 am! I didn't have much time to enjoy, so I quickly took a bath and wore my uniform, brushed my teeth and packed my things, it was already 7:15 am, I had enough time, our house isn't that far from my school.

" Bark, bark! " I heard a soft sound, it was from Coby,

I saw Coby almost falling from the window! I completely forgot about Coby and my open window, bow Coby is going to fall from 2 floors up, and its all going to be my fault. So I dropped my bag causing my books to fall so I had to fix it again, thats why I don't like pets, they cause trouble. I carried Coby and put him on the floor and secured my window was closed, I don't want anymore puppies on my window.

" Bark, bark~ " Coby jumped on my lap and kept wagging his tail, for a minute, it was nice,

I patted Coby on his head, I don't know why I'm doing this, the fact that he almost fell and scattered my books all over the floor, but still, I feel relieved. It was already 7:25 am, I was almost late, so I fixed my bag and carried Coby to my mom, locking the door, so he can't get into anymore trouble. I dashed outside and closed our front entrance as I ride my bike for school, I was late, because of Coby, it was 7:29 am, a minute more and the bell rings, I'm so late.

This was the first time I've ever been late, all because mom bought a dog, which I have to walk everyday, feed and groom, I never had experience on taking care of pets, only Yui can do that. She had 7 dogs in a row, a Shiba Inu, Siberian Husky, Parson Terrier, Chow chow, Dalmatian, Boston Terrier and a Beagle. She was a really great owner, all her pets were happy, well-groomed and healthy, so I have to do the same, be good to the animals, its part of nature.

It was 7:30 am sharp, when I got to Seikra High, good thing that the sensei wasn't around yet, I'm just a lucky guy I guess. I had Science then Math next, they were pretty easy, as expected from a honor student since prep, I didn't fail a quiz. After all that studying, it was break, a time to eat, have fun, play and study. I don't really have much in mind, only studying and Coby, I'm still scared if something happens to Coby, he might be hurt while mom isn't around to see what he's doing, so I often get worried and get distracted from my studies.