Chapter 3: Fools Way

TRUST ME GUYS IM A COMIC GEEK

I KNOW WHAT I'M DOING

I DO

I KNOW

HANG ON TO YOUR SOCKS

Chapter 3:

Today we celebrate the year anniversary of the death of two iconic American Heroes.

Mason Stark, Iron Avenger.

Steve Rogers, Captain America.

All of the Avengers, including Tony Starks Iron Man, have come to Washington D.C. to mourn this tragic day.

I'm James Jona Jamerson, Daily Bugle.

*~*

Tony Stark:

"Its been...a year since my daughter and my close worker were murdered."

Can't do this.

"And in that year, we have morun and we have tried to move on."

Moving on?

"I am not saying that there will be a day, or a hour, that I ever forget Mason or Steve."

Did they notice my voice crack, did they notice how o had to force that out? Saying their names on front of these people, people who never even got to be in the same room as them?

"But what I am saying is that America, in its own tragic and horrific way, was saved.

These deaths brought the Avengers back together, it sealed the wounds they were between the distant sides.

I am not saying were back to normal, but we were never normal to begin with."

I took a step back, turning to Falcon. "Can you...can you...?" I let that sentence trail off.

He nodded, bless his soul, and gently led me to the side. "Tony Stark will need a mintue..."

I shook my head, walking of the podium. Clint grabbed my arm, gripping it right as I walked down the stairs. "Easy there, Tiger. Your not as young as you were." He weekly joked.

I nodded, greatfull for his help. Ever since the incident Clint has been helping me almost as much as Peter has been. Clint loved Mason like she was his younger sister.

Peter, the brave soul, even forgave me for punching him all those months ago. He's still trying to help not.

Not that its working.

Everyone, even Natasha, has been trying to make it easier for me. Reed Richards was coming over almost every week. Logan would come in and sit there across from me, drinking beer and watching the game. He distracted me by telling me old stories about his life, war stories. He understood what I was going through, ever since Mason was little And i became Iron Man Logan has known Mason.

Clint would come and just watch me, letting me drink only one bottle instead of 7. No matter how many times I tried, he would still keep the alcohol away.

Peter...I knew he loved her. Knows he still does.

I feel bad for him, feel even worse that I can't tell him to move on even if I couldn't. It's that selfish part of me saying don't let anyone forget.

Sharon has tried, begged, and pleaded for me to talk to her. I know it wasn't her fault, honestly, but I can't look at the person my daughter and my best friend saw last.

I went straght for the car, Clint helping me in. He leaned on the open window. "You gonna be alright?"

I nodded. "Peachy."