Chapter 8: Concidence?

Chapter 8:

Coincidence?

Peter Parker:

I'm telling you, the world works in weird ways.

For instance, the moment I log online to go to my yahoo, all I see is a girl in Boston who looks like Mason.

No, that's not the weird part.

The weird part was that right underneath that, Jensen Ackles shows up with Jared Padalecki for a Supernatural reunion.

Now, I've been screwed over before from the world. Its given me fake villians, fake heroes, and fake cheese. But when you see Mason Stark and the main stars of Supernatural on the same page, you don't ignore it.

But first stop was that I had to actully prove that a Stark was up and running. So first person I go to?

Natasha Romanoff.

She was in one of the training rooms at Avenger Tower. The whole building was dedicated to anyone in sheild by Tony Stark, right after Mason turned 18 in 2013.

(Its 2021, by the way)

When we first lost Mason and Steve, it seemed kind of weird to walk in.

We were a broken family, two sides of a war trying to reunite. No one wanted anyone to die, we all just wanted what we thought were right.

Mason and I were on opposite teams, her with the team opposing the Superhuman Registration Act and me for it. I would love to say it didn't bother our relationship but it did.

But we were still stroung, just having a huge fight.

Anyways, when I walked in Natasha was busy killing a dummy.

When its neck was ripped off (thank god it's only stuffing) and she calmed down, I made my presense known.

"What do you want Peter?"

She made my presense known, I mean.

I stepped up, handing her a water bottle. "Where is Masons body?"

She paused mid-sip, giving me a look. "I assume in the ground."

"You assume?"

She capped it, setting it on the table. "Tony was in charge of the destination of her. I'm not sure if she's at Sheild or in the ground."

I showed her the latest head line for Daily Bugle. God bless newspapers, newspapers that still print in the god forsaken world.

"Could this be her? In anyway?" I followed her to the benches, acting like gum on the bottom of her shoe.

She looked at the blurry pictures. Admitily, they were really blurry. Like, someone could have easily say this was Bigfoot and people could buy it.

Then she looked me in the eye, and I saw something. But it was gone as soon as it came. "Peter, you need to realize. Mason. Is. Dead. She is not coming back, and she won't come back."

She patted my shoulder and left.

I puffed at her. "I just wanted to know. Jeez."

________

Mason Stark

I've been awake for almost 52 hours.

Grant came in a few hours ago, gave the pile of glass a look then just plopped his ass down on the couch in the corner, cleaning his gun.

I looked over, and thew him the one in my hands. "Try this."

He caught it, glancing at me. I must have been a sight-Messy hair, set in features, and maybe brusies under my eyes. But I've been working, and I was ready to pass out on my feet yesterday so it would be nice if he could just shot the damn gun so I can see of its safe.