Chapter 2: Death of me

So...how is it?

Okay, so Mason died. Just hold on and trust me, okay?

I'm not one for shitty endings.

Unless it's Romeo and Juliet because those bitches needed to fucking die.

_________________________

Tony left the room where Mason layed.

He dropped the needle in the cold room, a hole in the sleeve in the crook of her arm.

He didn't get to see the little miricle the Extremis was trying to do.

The room slightly warmed, even if the air conditioner was full blast.

"Don't touch her." he told the Sheild Agent.

"Not until I'm sure."

He walked towards Steves room, a million apologizes and one confession.

He never returned to that room.

6 months later

Peter Parker:

I loved her.

We never told each other, but I knew she knew. I wasn't exactly subtle.

*~*

Tony wasn't handling it well. When he found out it was Sharon who did it, it took Wolverine, Hawkeye, and the Thing to get him to keep him away.

She killed my baby!

Stark, you need to calm down!

Logan, if someone killed your miracle, what would you do?

I shuddered.

Tony's been quiet. When we found out that Sharon was just possesed he still wouldnt go near her.

Sharon feels horrible- she knows it isn't her fault, but killing your closet friend and a friendly Stark just doesn't fit right with her.

Who would it sit right with?

"Tony?" I called. I walked towards the living room in the Mansion. I had to step over a arrow tho.

When i walked in I saw the same thing I saw yesterday,and the week's before that.

Tony was sitting on the couch, suit on but crumpled. his hair was messy, beard out grown, and in his hand he cradled a scotch bottle open fully.

His dull eyes looked at me, flashing. In the past few months his eyes were slowly changing to blue. Right now they were a dark blue with brown spots here and there. I figured it was part of the Extremis he installed a year and a half ago.

he lifed the bottle. "Cheers." and took a drink.

I crossed over and snached it. "Tony, you know you have to stop."

He looked at his hand, surprised it was empty. "I don't know what your talking about." he said quietly.

I sat across from him on the table. "You do."

He looked at me, or past me. It didn't matter anymore.

"Talk to me Tony."

he shook his head. "He put me on charge. "

His eyes pieced me, a spark in them for the first time in what seemed like forever. "Steve put me in charge, he told me to protech his country." he shook his head. " And now look at it. the government is falling, no one trust anyone anymore, and it's like I can't even attempt to help anymore." he took the bottle from me and gulped another swig.