Chapter 21: This is it..

❌ *READ THE AUTHORS NOTE AT THE END!* ❌

Chapter 21: This is it..
___________________

"The moving trucks are here." Niall calls to me.
"Coming." I call back.
I look around at all the packed brown boxes. The moving men come in and take them one by one. The last box lays in the corner untaped. I lift myself off the carpeted floor and walk over to it. The side of the box reads "Childhood" in bold black sharpie.
I place myself on the ground next to the box and open it. All my photo albums were placed on top, but I pushed them aside. I was only looking for one thing. Finally I came across the blue and pink sparkled album. I ran my fingers along its rough surface.
"Caitlin and Lena best friends forever." I read aloud.
"Love you ready?" Niall asked coming in.
"Yeah." I said standing up.
"Okay, we're just packing the boxes in the trucks." He tells me.
"I'll be down in a minute." I tell him.
He leaves and I grab the album out of the box. I open it up to the front page. A picture of Caitlin and I as babes shows.
'Caitlin and Lena 4 days old.'
I flip through the pictures of our lives, babes, tots, pre-teens. My eyes freeze as I land on the last picture.
I slide against the wall and hold the book to my chest. Tears fall freely down my naked face. I pull it away and look at the picture once again. Caitlin and I are dressed in all black. I'm holding a single red rose. My dad holds my shoulder, tears running down his face. My head is rested on a coffin with my arms spread across it. Caitlin stands next to me crying. In different handwriting I read below,
'Rachel's funeral.' 5 years old.
My moms funeral. All before my dad beat me, all before Caitlin died, all before I was adopted. I quickly flip the page, expecting to see nothing, but something's there. A note. I carefully pull it out of the plastic sleeve and open it.

Lena-
We looked for you for days, weeks, months, years. We never found you. You disappeared like nothing. How could you leave me Lena? You and I were best friends and now your gone? Do you even remember who I am? Do you hate me? You don't even understand how mad I was at myself. Mad for letting you slip away like that. I better where I am now though Lena. I knew you would come back for this book. Someday. I hope your happy now.

-Caitlin

My breathing hitched as I read the note over and over again. I flipped the paper over and saw 10 clues.
"What?" I asked aloud.
The top of the paper read,
'Have any questions call 489-485-3859. (Made up #)
I quickly placed it back into the album and threw everything back in the box, tapping it shut. My phone started ringing. I ran over to it and answered it without looking.
"Hello?" I answered.
"Are you scared? Use the 10 clues Lena." The voice asked.
"Who is this?" I asked.
"Oh Lena. I'm shocked you don't recognize my voice. We were best friends weren't we?" It asked.
She laughed and I stopped breathing.
"C-Caitlin?" I asked.
"So you do remember me! That's good to know." She said.
"No your dead. Your dad said you died!" I asked scared.
"My dads an idiot Lena. I'm alive." She whispered.
"What is with the 10 clues?" I asked.
"Use them." Is all she says.
"How do I know your not lying and this is a trick!" I yelled.
"You think I'm lying?" She laughed, "Oh silly silly Lena. If you think I'm lying." She paused.

"Come and find me."

(A/N: This will be the 4th book! :) It's called "Find Me." I'll make an announcement when the 4th book is out.

Adopted by Payzer series

1.) Adopted by Payzer {Completed}

2.) Holding On {Completed}

3.) Try And Catch Me Now {Completed}

4.) Find Me {Not out yet} {4th book to this series}