The Next Generation in Love

Hey Guys, this is inspired by one of Tiadaughterofposiden 's oneshots, and has ended up being really similar.

Daniels POV
I was pacing back and forth. A million thoughts filled my head. If only I was Joey, I thought.

I hated being the least favourite child. My parents never seemed to like me as much, because I didn't have my Mum's charmspeak, or my dads wind and lighting powers.

They left me home, going to Xander and Joeys modelling classes. More time for me to think about how to come out.

At this very moment, I hated the world. Why? Because everyone else seemed to get a better lot in life. My friends at school had parents who cared about them, and so did my siblings. My uncles Nico and Will cared about all of their children, and couldn't care less about their sexualities.
Ben, my boyfriend. If only he could be here. He was so much more confident than I was. I was a shy wallflower, yet he was the life of the party. He could just walk up to my parents and tell them that we had been dating for a year, and they had no idea. But I knew that I had to be the one to tell my mum and dad that I was gay and in a relationship.
A knock on the door ripped me out of my thoughts. That was probably for the better, or I would still be wallowing in my own little hole of self pity. As I previously stated, I should have been grateful for the knock on the door, but me being the lazy ass I am just wanted the sound of someone's knuckles hitting the timber to stop.
"Hurry up Daniel! We want to get in!" My mum screamed. I could hear that her words were laced with charmspeak, but I felt no urge to go and open the door. Maybe it was a side affect of being gay. Yet I went to open the door not wanting them to be mad at me before I even tell them my secret.
"Ugh, Danielll, what took you so long?" Groaned an irritated Xander. If I wasn't annoyed at my siblings already for being so perfect, I certainly was now. Seriously Xander? Only he would stretch out my name so much that it makes me sound like I am a girl.
My brothers raced upstairs to their rooms, and I took this opportunity to talk to Mum and Dad. I walked up to them. "Can I talk to you?"I asked. My palms were sweaty, and I felt like I was going to pass out, but it was too late to back out now.
"Yeah, course you can talk to us, right Pipes?" My dad exclaimed.
"Of course! Now what do you want to tell us?" My mum said. Sadly they said it so loudly that Joey and Xander heard and began racing down the stairs to hear what I had to say. "Err.. can Joey and Xander leave? It's kind of private.." I asked.
"Come on Daniel, your brothers model in front of thousands of people yet you can't speak in front of four! This is ludicrous !" My father yelled.
"DAD! You don't get it! It would take all my courage to share what I was about to share in front of you and Mum! You don't understand the fact that I will NEVER be as confident as my brothers, or in your eyes, perfect! I'm leaving!" My words, no matter how harsh,didn't even express a half of my pain. I began running out the door when my mum told me to respect my dad. I'll respect him the day he respect me... I thought.
I didn't even think about where I was running, but before I knew it, I was unlocking the door to the Solace-Di Angelo household. By default, I ran into Ben's bedroom. He was sat at his desk, and by the looks of it, he was doing homework. As soon as he saw me, he pulled me into a comforting hug. He sat down on his bed, and pulled me into his lap. He wiped away the salty tears from my face, however they continued to fall. I put my face in the taller boys chest, letting the feeling of relief wash over me. I began to slow my breathing back to a semi-normal pace. "Hey, Danny, are you ok?" Asked Ben. "N-n-no..." I stuttered, mumbling into his chest. "Do you want to tell me what's wrong Danny?" I was about to answer him when I was interrupted by my uncles Nico and Will.
"We're back from dropping off..." Uncle Will stopped when he saw me, "Daniel! Are you ok?" He asked, his face contorted from his normal smile to one of concern. "Dad, Papa, why don't we go to the living room. There's a bit more room than in here, then Daniel can explain." We all made our way to the living room. Ben and I took a seat on the small couch and my uncles sat in the two armchairs.
"Are you ok to tell us what happened?" I nodded. Uncle Nico and Uncle Will had always been much closer to me than my parents. "Basically I was about to come out to Mum and Dad, but they were to loud so Joey and Xander came to investigate. I couldn't build up enough courage tell them too so I asked if they could leave so we could talk in private, but dad started yelling at me for not being brave enough to sat what I wanted to say in front of my brothers, then I ran here." I managed to complete the story with out bursting into tears, but I began sobbing soon after. By this time, it was dark, and they decided that I probably need to calm down a bit more, so Instead of sending me home, they offered to let me stay overnight, as long as Uncle Nico could ring my mum to tell her where I was. Not that she'd care, I thought, however, she wanted to come over at nine o'clock the next morning to see me.
Although usually I'd stay in the guest room, Ben convinced my uncles that I would be better sleeping in his room. So there we lay, in our boxers, cuddled together.
When I woke up, I realised that it was five to nine. Not nearly enough time to wake Ben up. You see, like his papa, Ben was not a morning person, and took at least fifteen minutes to wake up properly. I was concerned, this was not how I wanted My parents to find out about me. No scratch that. This was a great way to back at mum and dad for not listening to me. After formulating my plan, I closed my eyes and drifted into the land of sleep.
I woke up the second time to a gasp. Nope, make that two. For once, Ben was fully awake. "DANIEL JASPER GRACE! HOW DARE YOU NOT TELL US YOU ARE GAY OR HAVE A BOYFRIEND!" My mum boomed. Nico gave me a look that said "I tried".
My mum and dad started peppering me with questions from "Why did you not tell me?" To "How long?".

Now, sitting hear writing this, I am glad to say that I have forgiven my mum and dad.