Chapter eleven: Visit

I kept myself as distracted as I could with college homework, normal work, going out with Jesse, exploring new stores, everything. Any time I would think about Michael, the temptation to go back to Haddonfield was too good.

The murder spree back in Illinois had finally slowed down, and people were starting to move back in an attempt to return to their normal lives. I sighed softly, the thought of returning to Haddonfield anytime soon almost too good, but so painful at the same time.

I forgot to add: I got my degree for college. I went to the university for a while for hands on training, and I graduated as the top of my class. The nice thing about business school is that you can work from home a lot.

I quickly found a secretary job for a small business on the coast, and I never thought it was more easy to sit at home and schedule things and tally numbers. I could watch Johnny instead of have Tawny pay for a day care. Things were just smooth sailing.

~

Johnny had started to grow on Jesse, as well. This was a spontaneous change, because Johnny hates Jesse, that is, until Jesse offered to take him to the zoo. Then the whole I-like-Mikey-better ordeal ended abruptly.

The two were currently sitting at the table, solving a puzzle while cartoons played in the background. I just finished up my last schedule assignment, and sat down at the table as well to assist with the puzzle.

"(Y/n), are you gonna marry Jesse?" Jonathan asked out of the blue, making me and Jesse look up with surprised expressions. "I don't know, Johnny... Jesse and I have only been dating for a little less than a year." I said, relaxing as Jesse nodded in agreement.

A small frown showed itself on Johnathan's face, crossing his arms over his chest. "Pleeease? I'm sure he'll bring you to the zoo too!" He pleaded, giving me puppy eyes that practically melted my heart.

"Maybe someday." I laughed, kissing his forehead once before standing up from the table. "Maybe." I repeated, giving a playful grin as I walked into the kitchen to make lunch. Johnny had a point though... would I ever get THAT serious with someone... someone besides Michael?

~

It's been a few years since I've left Haddonfield. Jesse and I are engaged, Jonathan just started middle school, Tawny has a husband and steady job, and I'm the assistant manager to the CEO of the company I've worked with since day one.

I decided I can't wait any longer. I had to go back to Haddonfield for some type of closure before my wedding, otherwise it would destroy me that Michael would never know what has happened.

"Be safe. I love you." Jesse murmured, hugging me tight at the airport. "I'll be back in a few days. I promise." I mumbled back, kissing him once before picking up my bags and getting onto the plane. I waved goodbye, and Jesse waved back with a small smile.

~

It was strange, walking the streets of the Haddonfield neighborhood once again. Dylan, miraculously, had survived Michael's wrath, and let me stay with him for a few days. "Yo, your hot ex basically disappeared." Dylan replied when I asked if he saw Michael at all.

"Oh well. I just wanted to tell him what's going on before I go back home." I sighed, shrugging off the slight disappointment. We were sitting on the couch, having a movie marathon with a shit ton of junk food.

"Hey, at least you've got a guy now." I teased Dylan with a grin, earning an eye roll. "Yeah, but he's off on business right now." He grumbled like a child. "Wanna just go out tonight? Get shit-faced and relax?" He asked, earning an immediate head shake from me. "You can go out with your friends. I just wanna sleep."