Chapter ten: Fixin' It

Michael looked at me with as much shock as I looked at him. He backed up a few paces, immediately stumbling over his words. '(Y-y/n), I-I didn't mean too-' he started, but I just shook my head vigorously and ran upstairs.

He followed me up, trying to apologize and beginning to freak out a bit as he saw me pull out my suitcase. 'Don't go! Honestly, it was just a mistake--'

"A mistake?!" I growled, turning and looking at Michael angrily. "A mistake is dating a guy like you who can't control his anger or low self-esteem originated jealousy!" I snapped, stuffing my suitcase of what I could think of before picking it up.

'Babe, please, I said I was sorry-' Michael started up again, but I just shoved past him and downstairs. I had grabbed the front door handle when Michael grabbed my arm hard. '(Y/n), listen to me--" he began, tightening the grip on my arm as I tried to struggle out of his grasp.

'Just listen!' He yelled, making me flinch slightly. "Michael, you're hurting me!" I yelped, finally yanking my arm free and looking at Michael with wide eyes. His clear anger and frustration stayed on his face, that is, until his eyes traveled to my arm.

I looked down To my arm as well, seeing small crescent-shaped cuts from Michael's nails, slowly trying to clot the blood seeping out of them. Bruises were already slowly forming around the edges, which made Michael go pale.

"Is this how you try to fix your insecurities?" I asked softly, though the livid anger in my voice was obvious from the slight tremble.

'(Y/n)... you walk out that door, I'll never see you again.' Michael murmured softly, the anger in his face slowly softening into a desperate, frightened terror.

"Well, in that case--" I growled, flinging the door open and walking out, slamming it closed behind me and walking to my car.

~

I threw my bag into the back of my car, jamming the keys into the ignition before speeding away from the house I used to feel so safe in. All the fun times I had in that household just left a cold memory to cool the affection in my heart.

I knew there was going to be mayhem in the first few days I was going to be gone. My first rational action was to call and say that there was a leaky gas pipeline in Haddonfield, in an attempt to clear as many people as I could out of the town before the murder spike would begin.

Because of this call, roads were backed up with traffic from all the people leaving the area. I sighed and used the slow moving traffic as time to recollect my thoughts and turn up the music. I looked to my phone, picking it up. "Hey, tawny. I've got a favor to ask..."

~

I never thought that I would drive all the way to Oregon again in my life. It was three in the morning when I finally reached Tawny's new apartment and knocked softly on the door. The door was almost immediately opened, and Tawny immediately pulled me inside when she saw my tear-stained face.

"I just need to sleep. I'll fill you in in the morning." I murmured softly as Tawny pestered me about what was going on, and that made her lay off. "Jonathan has daycare tomorrow, so we will have the day to talk." Tawny murmured, leading me to a spare room and leaving me there for the night.

I set my suitcase down in the corner, changing into the pajamas I packed before basically passing out ok the soft bed. I woke up to a small weight shifting the mattress, smiling as I saw Jonathan look up at me. "Hi auntie." He whispered quietly, grinning happily. "Hi, Johnny." I whispered back with the same grin, slowly sitting up in bed.

~

I helped tawny get Jonathan ready for daycare, since I wanted to do as much as I could while I was here. "Where's Mikey?" Jonathan asked curiously, and from the expression formed on my face, tawny immediately knew why I had come.

"Will you look at the time! We gotta get you to daycare!" Tawny exclaimed, quickly hurrying Jonathan out the door and soon returning from dropping him off. As soon as I knew it was just Tawny and I, I lost all the control I had been holding over my emotions.

I told her everything. And I mean everything. From meeting Michael, to showing her my arm. It had a horrible looking bruise that was obviously shaped like a hand, especially with the placement of the fingernail cuts.

"I'm so sorry, (y/n). You didn't deserve this." Tawny murmured softly as she hugged me tight, rubbing my back in an attempt to calm me down and comfort me. "Just take it easy for now. Relax."

~

I hadn't expected to take residence up in Oregon once again. Only a few days after I arrived at Tawny's, I thought it was the best idea to stay. I sold my home back in Haddonfield, and got an apartment in the same complex as Tawny as well.

It was nice to stay close to family; we would go to one another's apartments for dinner, and usually hung out until it was in the wee hours of the morning. I got a job as a waitress at a posh restaurant, and let me say, it pays very well.

As usual, I was right. There was a massacre in the first days I left. Almost 75 homicide cases in the Haddonfield area, and a huge manhunt pulled on Michael. I felt like the cause of these murders, though Tawny told me otherwise over and over again. 

I'm happy to say that in the first few months of living in Oregon, I met another guy. Jesse and I met when we were forced to cramp into a taxi together in an attempt to get out of the pouring rain. We haven't been anything super serious yet, but we have gone out a few times, I will admit.

~

"Hm. I wasn't expecting you to land a cutie." Tawny teased when she had walked into my apartment while Jesse and I were having a movie marathon. Sweatpants, messy hair, and junk food was the theme of it. "Trust me. I wasn't planning to either." I teased tawny back, earning a playful eye roll from Jesse.

The only problem was that Johnny didn't like Jesse. "What about Mikey?!" He would tantrum, incredulous even when I told him that we had had a fight and broken up. "I don't love Mikey anymore." I would tell Johnathan, though it hurt me so much to say those words.

"But Jesse doesn't give me bubble baths!" Johnny would whine, though no anger was in these tantrums, only frustrated sorrow. It hurt to see this little boy in this state, but I wasn't going back to Haddonfield just yet.

Jesse knew Johnny didn't like him, and that only made me feel worse. He'd try his best to get along with Johnny, but all Johnny would do is give the silent treatment and walk away stubbornly. "He'll come around. I promise." I murmured to Jesse, my head resting on his shoulder. "I hope so..." he murmured in reply, sighing softly and shaking his head.

Even though I hate to admit it, I missed Michael too. Life was so much better in Oregon, though; close family, better jobs, new people. At least, that's what I was telling myself so I wouldn't be tempted into going back to Illinois...

~

I'm tryinggggg 😂 I'm gonna just take any free day I have and make a huge cache of chapters so I can publish them randomly every now and then so I'll be more on track 😂 anyways, hope you enjoyed this chapter!

??? If there were no laws for one day, like the purge, what would be the first thing you'd do ???

Peace,
Maxx 🖤