Chapter six: Capture

I woke up to the sounds of police sirens and an empty spot on my bed. I sat up curiously, pulling on one of Michael's t-shirts that I had bought him and headed downstairs to investigate. That's when gunshots rang through the air.

On instinct, I hid around the corner, catching my breath from the fright and waiting until the gunfire ended to check out what was going on. I was surprised to see cops all around my house, and I nervously peeked my head out the door. "If I may interrupt, what the fuck is going on?" I asked politely.

"We had seen escaped mental ward patient Michael Myers stalking around your house, and took action. He's being taken back to the asylum as we speak." Said the man, almost in a proud and confident tone. "Th-thank you." I stuttered. The cop must've thought I was scared, since he gave a comforting smile and walked away.

Honestly, I was freaking out for a whole other reason. Michael was back at that asylum. He told me about the treatments there, the way the guards and doctors treated patients, and the horrid tortured he had to go through. He was heading back to face all of those terrors once again.

I knew he would break out again, for sure, but it was going to take a lot longer since the security would probably crack down on him harder. I felt horrible; he was gone, stuck back in that prison-like hell.

~

When I went to the asylum for the first time to visit Michael, some of the staff were wondering if I should be put under medical restraint. I couldn't help but grin like an idiot when I saw Michael, but it broke my heart to see him triple handcuffed and pain glazing his eyes.

Once again, the staff questioned if I should be taken in as a mental patient when they saw me hugging and kissing Michael. What they didn't see was me whispering "you better get your ass out of here soon." and sneaking a pocketknife into the waistband of his pants. Yes, the knife was small, but Michael didn't need much of a weapon to kill someone.

I continued visiting him every day until he said he would escape. I grinned as he had told me this, and I hugged him tightly in happiness at this announcement. "I'll see you tonight." I minutes softly into his ear, playfully nipping it before being forced to leave because of the waning visitor hours.

~

God, it was a busy night when he got back. What sucked is that I had to wake up early again to go to the asylum, like I had done when Michael was still there; if I didn't, they'd know he'd be at my house with me. It was hard to force a sad look to the staff when they said he escaped, when I was dancing in the back of my head and silently yelling "lol he's at my place in my bed!!!"

Anyways, the staff completely bought it. They honestly thought I didn't know where he was. This actually surprised me, since these guys were supposed to be psychologists and know the human brain, after all. Oh well, if it means that I won't be questioned and that Michael is safe at home, I won't challenge them to investigate any deeper. Though, I might have fake tipped them off, saying that he had always talked to me about going to Oregon, instead of Illinois.

I happily walked into my front door when I arrived home, locking it behind me. "I'm baaaack~" I called in a sing song voice, being cut off to a yelp as Michael picked me up by the waist and swung me around affectionately.

"Glad to see you too." I laughed, wrapping my legs around his torso before pulling his mask off and catching his lips in a kiss. "God I missed this." I mumbled against them, smiling into the kiss contently.

He had grown a lot more attached since he came back from the asylum, though he hadn't even been in the asylum for a month before he broke out again. I personally enjoyed the extra attention, though it became more difficult to leave for work...

~

I had come home late from work that night, and all the lights were off in the house. Strange, I thought, Michael usually leaves them on until I get home... I let out a scream as an arm grabbed me, but was muffled by the other hand covering my mouth. I went silent as the hand around my mouth held a knife to my throat, and a soft chuckle came from my attacker's throat.

"So you're Michael's new girl, huh?" A female tone taunted, her voice dripping venom on each word. "What a shame a girl like you has to go through that. Why wouldn't I put you out of your misery now?" She asked, partially to herself. The knife barely grazed my throat, not even hard enough to break the skin.

"You could do better. He's done this with too many girls. And too many died at his hands. You'll just be the next rag doll" the voice continued to taunt, but I did my best to not get angered and instead remained calm. "I'm warning you, girl. I'm gonna be dead because of him tomorrow, so I'm giving my warning now." She said, but now her voice was fogged by sorrow and regret.

"Stay safe." Was all she said before using the hilt of her knife to clock me in the back of the head, causing me to black out immediately while she left. What was that all about?!

~

I woke up in my bed once again, an ice pack pressed on the back of my head. I groaned softly and rolled over to see Michael laying next to me. I smiled a bit, but remembered the words of the girl from last night. Thinking of this, I turned on my phone and checked the Haddonfield local news.

Breaking news: Another dead.
Aliyah Matthews was found dead in her home after a chilling call to the police talking about an intruder. Audio below.

My eyes opened wide as I listened to the call audio played. It was the girl from last night. "I warned her about you! She'll be fine because I did! I warned her about you! Oh god, He's coming in. I deserve this. I'm gonna die, and I'm gonna deserve it. At least I saved someone." Aliyah had been sobbing on the phone, sounding completely delusional in this state as she talked to the intruder and to the police dispatcher.

I gasped in shock as Michael suddenly took the phone away and turned it off. "I didn't see you were awake..." I murmured, rolling over to face him. He had an angry expression, and I shrunk up a bit. "What's wrong?" I asked meekly, looking up to him. As soon as he saw how scared I was. Michael immediately softened.

I'm sorry. That girl had to be stopped. She was telling lies to you. She's delusional. He tried to explain, and I just nodded. "I get it. It just put me on edge, you know? She knew you were after her, and she warned me about your past." I mumbled, still nervous.

I'd never hurt you, (y/n). You have the right to castrate me if I do. He promised, and I gave a soft smile. "You've got yourself a deal."

~

No comment on this chapter
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ oh whale 🐳. It was interesting to write, especially at two in the morning!

??? If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be ???
Peace,
Maxx 🖤