Chapter 18

A/N~We are nearing the end of this book :( Maybe I'll post an epilogue if anybody would like it :)

~Chapter 18~

While I was worried for Travis, I knew this was something he had to do. I would not hold him back.

Feeling Kade tense though, I stepped away as he shifted into his human form. Though he was completely bare, he paid no mind as he stood to glare at Travis. "You are not the only one that has a problem with Damien."

I could not believe this! Are they really going to argue over who gets to take Damien out? Can they get anymore childish?

Travis nudged Jessica to the side as he returned the vicious stare. "This is my fight," he snarled with dark irises.

"It is my fight just as much as it is yours." Kade did not raise his voice but I could sense his anger through the bond and feel it in his presence. "He has slaughtered my mate's old pack, sent wolves to kill her twice, and kidnapped her. Not to mention he is threatening to over throw MY pack," there was a growl in his voice.

"And he has caused me more pain," Travis roared.

"It is not my fault you did not defend your people in their time of need." Kade's irises were completely black now.

Before Travis could even respond, I stood in front of Kade and pushed him back. "There is a war going on as we speak and you jack offs are too busy arguing over who gets to kill Damien. Who cares who does it," I threw my hands up as I yelled. "As long as the fucker dies, I don't GIVE A SHIT," I exploded. Flicking my gaze between the two males, I snarled," Now pull your heads out of your asses and pull yourselves together!"

Instead of growling at my authoritative tone, both Kade and Travis straightened up.

"First we need to get you two somewhere safe," Kade directed at me and Jessica while Travis nodded his head in affirmation, pulling Jessica by the arm away from us.

My eyes turned to slits. "Do you see anywhere that would be considered remotely safe?" I waved my hand to gesture at the scenery that was littered with dead werewolves in human form. "There is nothing for us to do but to help."

"You are NOT fighting," Kade roared.

"This is my pack too Kade!" I stomped forward and jabbed him in the chest as I spoke. "Remember what happened last time you ditched me?"

Kade growled furiously and I knew that I was working on his last nerve. His jaw clenched shut as his form began to shake. I thought he would shift from anger. He was opening his mouth to speak when a huge wolf knocked him off his feet.

"Kade!" I shrieked as I ran to help my fallen mate. All anger was no replaced with fear and worry. Suddenly, I was gripped from behind causing me to flail my limbs to escape their hold.

A hand came up to grip my jaw while an arm wrapped around my abdomen. The chest I was pulled into was muscled and hard; a male.

"I must admit I am impressed with your Luna, Alpha Kade." The sound of Damien's cold voice had me struggling even more as his arms tightened around me. "She managed to evade and incapacitate her guard while killing another on her way out the door."

I gazed at Kade to find that he had disposed of the attacking Were deftly and was now on his feet, snarling in anger. "Release my mate now!" His irises were completely soaked in darkness as his form shook from unconcealed rage.

From his raised voice though, I couldn't help but flinch slightly. I had never heard Kade yell. I've seen him angered but never has he yelled. It's always been a deathly, calm threat that dared anybody to counter him.