Chapter 2

When I finally got to Travis deep in the woods, I slowly approached him. I could see that he was angry. The reason probably being that I was an hour and a half late. And it's not the first time. Probably not the last time either.

I could tell when he sensed me. His back tensed and his fists clenched at his sides. When he swirled around to face me, I immediately looked down and started playing with my fingers. I could feel his hard glare on me the entire time he walked over to me. "Where. Have. You. Been."

I opened my mouth to reply but was cut off when he yelled,"And don't you dare say you were helping Jess! That excuse worked the first billion times you were late!" At that I just shut my mouth. "Well I'm waiting. What fabulous excuse do you have this time as to why you were late. Again."

"Look, Travis, I. . Uh . . Woke up late again", I mumbled while looking down. "It won't hap-"

"-pen again. Yeah, I know. You said that all the other times too. I let it fly all the time. But this time, I'm extending our training. Now shift!" That made my head shoot up, mouth wide open, about to protest. But he cut me off again. "Shift. Now." I immediately obeyed knowing he wasn't kidding around.

Well, you must have guessed by now, but I am a werewolf. Yep! That's right! Fuzzy tail, canines, floppy ears and all!

After shifting into my brown, furred wolf, I realized I had just shredded my clothes. Well that's just flipping great. Now, after training I have to run home in wolf form or risk being seen naked. In the middle of my rant, a slightly bigger grey wolf knocked me down. And so let the training begin! Yay! Note the sarcasm.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At four o' clock, I ended up walking in my apartment to shower after my training. I can't believe he kept me for two extra hours. I don't even see why I need the training. As a Beta's daughter, I was required to know how to defend myself. Sure I can fight better than what I could when I was fifteen. But, after training for three years with Travis, I think it's safe to safe to say, I know how to defend myself.

I told Travis that myself today too. He was definitely not a happy camper when he heard my opinion. He just started walking back to his home throwing over his shoulder "I'll see you tomorrow. At noon." If he thinks I'm showing up tomorrow, he's crazy.

When I got out of the shower and grabbed something to eat I called up Jessica. If you couldn't tell already, Jess is my best friend. The one I share my thoughts and feelings with. She may be a bit older, but she knows how to talk to me.

On the third ring she finally picked up,"Tori! You're lucky I don't come over there and attack you for making Travis two hours late!"

"What?! It's not like I made him extend training! I still don't even know why I show up for it everyday. I'm trained enough." Now I was just in a sour mood. My muscles were sore, my friend was irritated, and I'm mad.

Her voice immediately softened. "You know he only wants you to be prepared. As the youngest of us he wants you to know how to defend yourself in case he's not there. Gosh I remember when he used to make me train."

"I don't care if he wants me to be ready. I mean, I like that he cares, but, I'm done with the training. And you can tell him that too!" And I was done with it. Too bad I didn't realize how true it was that I wouldn't be showing up to training.

After hanging up with Jess, I got ready to sleep. Or tried to sleep.

I ended up waking up in the middle of the night because of a nightmare with my past. I have them a lot, it doesn't really surprise me. I looked over at my clock and saw that it was three in the morning.

There was no way I felt like going to sleep again, so I threw the covers off and went outside. When I got to the edge of the woods, I stripped and then shifted into my brown wolf. I immediately started running through the woods. Dodging trees every once in a while. I loved running and letting my wolf come out. It helps me take things off my mind and think clearly.

Too bad I wasn't paying attention to the land borders that well.

The land borders are important. In fact very important. There is territory that is unowned, where I live, and pack owned territory's, where I just entered. Of course I didn't notice that until I was tackled to the ground mid run. And let me tell you, they were not gentle.

I hurriedly picked myself off the forest floor and turned to face the growling wolf in front of me. It was bigger than me, a darker brown than me, and giving off some authority. And he was pissed too. He was snarling at me.

Immediately I lied down on my stomach with my ears flattened to show my submission. And I know I said I don't respect packs anymore, but I know when to back down.

The wolf stopped snarling and then shifted. In the wolf's place stood a muscled male that was giving off some authority. I assumed it mean't he was the Beta. "Shift."

I immediately obeyed. I knew this man would not hesitate to kill me. I raised myself to my knees but remained angled down with my eyes staring at the forest floor.

"Are you aware you trespassed onto Shadow pack territory?" His voice was deep and sounded out of place in this quiet area.

"No. I was not aware until you knocked into me. I do not mean any trouble. It was an accident that will not happen again." Not once did I dare look up. For fear that he would kill me or because he was buck ass nude, I did not know.

"State the pack you are from." That's when I started to panic. Most packs just kill any Rogue. The only reason I am still alive is because I submitted the moment I knew what was going on. I had not acted like a Rogue usually does. They usually growl back. "I said, state. Your. Pack." He can probably see how tense I am now.

"I do not have one." I mumbled it, but I knew he heard me. I feared that last statement just sealed my fate. For death.

A/N~ Thanks for reading this :) if you liked it or have a suggestion, please leave a comment :D The chapters will more than likely get longer from this point on because she getting ready to meet Kade and i had to get through the whole boring beginning. I have most of the chapters for this story done, I just don't know if I should post them still :) don't forget to vote too please :) oh and sorry for any grammar mistakes! I typed this on my ipod