Chapter 12

Those words had me freezing. My entire frame frozen in shock. My eyes were widened, mouth hanging open. I probably paled a few colors. My breathing mine as well of just stopped all together.

I was being bombarded with so many different thoughts and emotions. So many things were flying through my head.

Nightshade is the pack attacking us? Why? Only two possible reasons were going through my mind.

The first one being that they somehow knew I was alive. That Damion had found me and was coming back to finish the job.

The more plausible reason was that they were still as power hungry as before and is wanting to take over Shadow Pack.

Of course in my fogged up brain, I was leaning more towards the first one. That alone had me paralyzed with fear. Damion knows I survived and he came back to kill me.

That was the main thought in the forefront of my mind.

"Victoria!!"

Startled, I jumped. Realizing that I had been trapped inside my internal battle and he had more than likely been calling my name for some time, I focused my gaze on Kade.

"Victoria, are you okay?" Kade walked towards me and wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me tightly against him.

"I. . . Uh . . . I-", I was stuttering through my answer, gasping like my breath was stolen from me.

I didn't know what to say. This was all just too much for me right now. Too many emotions were running through me right now.

"Please talk to me. I'm here for you, just talk to me." Kade's voice came out desperate with worry.

I don't want to talk right now. I can't talk about this right this moment. "Take me to bed please," my voice came out barely a whisper. If it wasn't for wolf hearing, he would have missed it.

Not needing to be told twice, Kade scooped me up into his arms bridal style and made his way into the house. He carried me all the way up the stairs to our bedroom and laid me down on the mattress.

In a haze, I stripped my clothes off and got under the comforter. I turned towards the window, blankly staring outside. In the back of my mind I was aware that Kade had joined me and I was now wrapped up into a tight embrace.

His hold provivded some comfort but not enough to pull me out of my scared state. I was too afraid, overcome with fear, to be aware of anything. I fell into a fitful sleep with thoughts of Damion and what he could possibly be planning for my near future.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Tori you need to get up," my mother's voice whispered to me.

Opening my eyes, I realized it was still night. "Mom? What are you do-"

In that moment was I cut off by a shrill screech and ferocious snarls coming from outside the house.

My eyes instantly widened and I jumped out of my bed. "What's going on?!" I could hear screams coming from outside my window.

"Tori, I need you to listen to me."

My mother's serious tone had me looking at her. I was already shaking in fear. Something was obviously wrong. I was no fool. I could smell the stench of blood in the air.

We were being attacked.

"We don't have much time. Listen," her words were rushed and desperate. Her brown eyes were filled with unshed tears. "Damion is attacking our pack as we speak."