Chapter 8: Another Surprise

Tyler’s POV

She’s here. She’s actually here. But when? How? Why?

I can feel my heart beat twice as fast and my hands were shaking. Huge storm of butterflies twirled around my stomach and I feel like crying right now in front of all the people. Yes, I’ve been surrounded by so many people—I recognized that I knew each and every one that was here. Except for some guy that was on stage with her and my parents. I was in the middle of everyone that was staring at me with huge smiles on their faces and they were dressed in fancy clothes. What is this? Another surprise? From my parents?

Yes, it is. Of course. My subconscious told me.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY TYLER!!” they all exclaimed in unison and right after they said that I felt like crying. No, I’m not sad. I’m happy. I’m really happy. My parents made all of this just to surprise me. I never knew! Holy shit, guess who’s on stage with my parents?

“Happy birthday Tyler! I missed you!” she exclaimed smiling as she bit her lip holding back tears. I was doing the same; either of us moved. We just stood there staring at each other not knowing who would break the little “moment” first.

“Well don’t just stand there you two, come upstage Tyler!” dad exclaimed snapping me out of my thoughts. As I blinked a tear trickled down my cheek. It was just impossible. Of course the whole surprise can be possible, except for the part where my sister is standing in front of me with a huge smile on her face a few tears rolling down her cheeks.

“Hey.” She whispered.

“Hi.” Was all I could say. When out of the blue she pulled me in for a tight hug and cried on my shoulder. I just stood there frozen, a million thoughts running through my mind. Then I realized that this is the best birthday ever. I was surprised by my friends, my parents, and then my sister. They’re all important in my life. And the thought about my sister coming home for my birthday made me cry even more. I was happy. I’ve never actually felt this happy ever since she left. It felt like the huge weight in my shoulders faded away once I saw her. Yes, we may fight, I may envy her because of her life, but that doesn’t mean that I don’t love or care for her anymore. She’s my sister. And I will always love her whatever happens.

Once we let go her eyes met mine and a huge smile grew on my lips.

“Damn, TJ!” I exclaimed, punching her arm playfully.

“What?” she laughed. Oh god, I missed that laugh.

“You made me cry! Why are you doing this to me?!?” I dramatically said, making her laugh even more. I quickly wiped away my tears and hugged her again. I missed her scent. Strawberries. My favorite.

“Well I’m sorry little sis, you and I both know you miss me so much.” She smirked and I laughed.

“As if!” I exclaimed, slapping her arm and we both laugh. Damn, I miss doing this with her. It’s been years. But thank the Lord, He made my sister come home for my birthday. Once we stopped laughing my eyes trailed to the guy behind her staring at us with a smile. TJ noticed me looking at him and so she grabbed him by the arm and he stood next to her.

“Liam, this is Tyler. My little sister. Tyler, meet Liam. My boyfriend.” After she said those words I gasped.

Holy shitcakes.

“OMG TJ! Just when??” I said laughing making her blush and this “Liam” guy laughed and bit his lip. I must say he’s a pretty cute dude. The hair, the eyes, the body, the smile…

“Nice to meet you Tyler.” Liam said snapping me out of my thoughts as he held his hand out for me to shake.

“Nice to meet you too, Liam.” I replied shaking his hand gladly. God, such soft hands. I could caress them all day without getting bored. It’s just too soft!