Chapter 4: Parties and Decisions

Tyler’s POV

After several minutes of driving to Auntie’s mansion, we finally arrived. Dad parked the car not too far from the house and we walked out. You could already hear the loud music playing over multiples of speakers and the smell of alcohol everywhere. I must say Auntie’s party is more of a teen-ish one this year. Last year was a masquerade ball, where I won the most fairest among all and other shits like that at her party. And that was also the time Anika fell on the pool because of my really clumsy cousins Jack and Michael Andrews. They’re really hot twins.

“Hey Ty!” someone called. I snapped my head to where the voice was and it was Anika in a beautiful little red dress.

“Hey Nika! How are you? Looking good tonight!” I complimented as I came near her and hugged her. She was a bit taller than me but since I was wearing heels I became an inch taller than her.

“I’m great, thanks! You don’t look like yourself too, Ty.” She yelled over the blaring music. Mum and dad was nowhere to be seen. I bet they’re already partying with the other adults.

“Really? How come?” I smirked. We made our way through the dancing teenagers and talking adults and finally arrived at a table where I saw familiar faces talking and laughing.

“You’re so hot tonight, you don’t even look like your ordinary boring self.” I was flattered yet hurt at her words. She thinks I’m boring without these dull makeups and this tight, little dress?

“Thanks?” I muttered unsure if I take that as a compliment or an insult. Hey, Anika is a kind and a loyal girl but sometimes she spills words from her mouth that could hurt someone. Just like what happened a week before Christmas, she told our younger cousin, Delilah, to change from her geeky self to a hot and a popular one like her. And with that, Delilah cried in my room for like what? An hour or so?

“Look who’s here!” a deep manly voice exclaimed. I snapped my head to where the voice was and it was Michael. All my cousins sitting in one round table eating and drinking. This has got to be good.

“Hey! Ty’s here!” Delilah exclaimed. I was shocked at what she was wearing. A pink silky dress that stops in her mid-thigh and a pair of pink heels; her blonde wavy hair fell perfectly below her shoulders and she has smoking hot makeup. I swear she doesn’t even look like a geek.

“Hey guys!” I exclaimed as I sat between Delilah and Valerie.

“Perfect! We’re finally complete!” Jack exclaimed as he clasped his hands while Michael handed me a cup. It was vodka. I shot him a smile as a sign of saying thanks while he just winked at me.

“I knew it! You are absolutely stunning in your outfit!” Diana exclaimed as she squealed before gulping down on her red cup. I must say Diana is one hell of a drinker.

“You chose it for me.” I chuckled.

“Hey Val do you think Tyler can get the job?” I heard Tiffany ask Valerie. My head turned to face her and she was munching down some salad. What job? Is she teasing me? I started to feel nervous at the thought about how Tiffany easily screws people up. Yeah, she’s that kind of girl. And I’m scared she might ruin my night which I’m not looking forward to.

“What job?” Valerie asked. All eyes were at the both of them and not even noticing I was holding onto my cup tightly. It was so tight it could break and I could make a huge mess in front of all my cousins. That would be embarrassing.

“The Victoria’s Secret Company are hiring five new models for the next issue this coming February.” Tiffany replied and I let out a breath I didn’t know I was holding and my features softened. I thought she was gonna ruin my night. Yeah, I know, I’m as stupid as crap.