Chapter 1- I Kept Running

I kept running. I knew that if I stopped they’d catch me. I kept moving. Faster, faster I urged myself. I could hear their heavy foot falls getting closer. I was lucky to have escaped them the first time. I knew that if they got their hands on me now I was a goner.

At first they had just looked like a bunch of ordinary guys, hanging out on the side of the road. I didn’t pay them much attention. That was until they recognised me.

‘Hey I know you’ one of them, the big one with the short blonde hair had called out.

It wasn’t until he had spoken that I realised they were drunk. There were five of them. All big and tall and about 30 years old. They all had the same look about them, neglect, like they didn’t really care about what they looked like anymore.  Probably didn’t anyway. There were two with brown hair one with blonde and two with black. The two with the black hair were obviously brothers because they had the same small nose and sunken brown eyes that kept watching me. One of the ones with brown hair had so many piercings on his face; I was surprised that he could even see at all. They were all holding beer cans and the ground around them was littered with the buds of cigarettes. They had probably been kicked out of the pub across the street and had just decided to keep drinking.

‘Um yeah I’m from One Direction’ I told them. I didn’t want to stop and talk to them but I felt that I should. Besides I didn’t want them running after me if I didn’t answer.

‘Oh yeah, you’re from XFactor. Watched that show I did’ he turned and nodded at the other guys who all nodded back.

I started walking again. They were starting to creep me out and the sooner I got away from them the better. But they seemed to have other ideas on their minds.

‘Come back kid’ one of them called but I just walked faster.

I started to hear running footsteps, then all the wind was knocked out of me as something or someone rammed me in the back, sending me to the ground.

I tried to get up but there were arms pining me down. I felt myself be lifted up and stood on my feet. Arms wound around my chest holding me in place. I tried to jerk them off but they were too strong. I continued to struggle and I could hear the laughter of the men from somewhere behind me.

‘Ahh now that’s better! You can’t go running off again’ the blonde one said as the one holding me turned me around. I kept moving around, trying to throw the arms off. I sank my teeth into the man’s arm but still it made no difference. I wasn’t going anywhere.

They lead me back to where they had been sitting and pushed me on to the ground in front of them so my back was against the wall. I looked for an escape route but there was none because all of them were standing before me blocking the way. I stood up, I didn’t want to face these guys on the ground and crossed my arms over my chest.

‘What do want?’ I asked trying not to let them see how scared I am. What do they want? Money? Anything? Or are they simply doing this for fun?

‘Oh nothing just wanted a chat’ the blonde one said. He seemed to be the leader of the group as the others didn’t say much.

‘Ash I thought we had a plan?’ one of the brothers asked looking at the blonde one with a confused expression.

‘We do and we’re sticking to it like I told you’ Ash said, a threatening tone creeping into his voice.

‘Well it was so nice of you to say hi maybe we can catch up later but if you don’t mind...’ I said, trying to walk away from them but they pushed me back.

‘Oh no you’re not going anywhere’ Ash said leaning in so his face was right in front of mine. I could smell tobacco and beer on his breath.

‘You see we are in a bit of debt. You know we ask for a few favours from a few people and never pay them back so now they want their money but, oh no we don’t have any but do you know what were going to do?’ he leant in closer so I was backed against the wall with his face inches from mine.

‘We’re going to take a nice young man or woman and then were going to wait and wait until that persons family offers up a nice reward then we return the kid and  get the cash. You following me so far?’ I nodded.

‘But what a stroke of luck that just after we have made our plans, you turn up. A pretty boy from a very popular boy band that is very very famous. How much money do you think we’d be offered? A hundred thousand? A million dollars? (A/N not very good with money so I just did dollars)’

He leant back and smiled at me again.

‘Boys let’s take him and get out of here’ Ash ordered moving away from the others as they stepped forward to grab me but I took my chance and ran straight though the gap that Ash had made in their little huddle.

‘RUN YOU FOOLS!!!! GO AND GET HIM!!!!!’

But I kept running. I didn’t turn back. I could hear them following behind me fast but I was just faster so they started to lose ground on me. Yes!!!! I thought to myself as I kept running down the street and onto another. Then the pounding of feet behind me stopped. I kept listening but I couldn’t hear them anymore. Maybe they’ve given up.  Without stopping I looked over my shoulder at the street behind me. But there was no one there. I sighed in relief. They must have given up.

I slowed to a walk and continued down a dark alley that I knew ended just a few streets away from where me and the boys live. I sped up. I’ve never liked this alley. Something about it always creeped me out.

Just then a figure appeared at the end of the alley and started walking towards me. Probably someone coming home from work or something I thought to myself. Then two more people appeared at the end of the alley and sped up to walk with the first man. I stopped. Something just didn’t seem right! That’s when I noticed the gleam of a knife in the leader’s hands.

I started to shout but a hand covered my mouth before I could.

‘Thought you could get rid of us that easily’ a familiar voice said. 

I hope you like this first part and please vote and comment about who you think is dead????